Installing Glorp on Pharo 1.4

Alex Humar
Hello, i need some help to install Glorp on Pharo 1.4!

Thanks!

Re: Installing Glorp on Pharo 1.4

Alan Knight-2
There may be people here who can help but I'd guess a post on the Pharo list is at least as likely to find them.

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 4:40 AM, Alex Humar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello, i need some help to install Glorp on Pharo 1.4!

Thanks!

Re: Installing Glorp on Pharo 1.4

Mariano Martinez Peck
Gofer it
squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
package: 'ConfigurationOfGlorp';
load.
((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfGlorp) project version: #stable) load.

or if you want to use Glorp with the OpenDBX driver, then replace ConfigurationOfGlorp with ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX.
For more information about DBX: http://dbxtalk.smallworks.com.ar/

Cheers,

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 8:39 PM, Alan Knight <[hidden email]> wrote:
There may be people here who can help but I'd guess a post on the Pharo list is at least as likely to find them.

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 4:40 AM, Alex Humar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello, i need some help to install Glorp on Pharo 1.4!

Thanks!

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Installing Glorp on Pharo 1.4

Diogenes Moreira
Hi.. you can find documentation in http://dbxtalk.smallworks.com.ar/
and send you cuestions to [hidden email].

Actually, Glorpdbx is a fork but it can be help you.

Best D.

http://about.me/diogenes.moreira

2012/11/28 Alan Knight <[hidden email]>
There may be people here who can help but I'd guess a post on the Pharo list is at least as likely to find them.

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 4:40 AM, Alex Humar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello, i need some help to install Glorp on Pharo 1.4!

Thanks!

Re: Installing Glorp on Pharo 1.4

jtuchel
Hi Mariano, Diogenes,

I would like to see a bit clearer on this topic. Does that mean that Glorp is being maintained seperately from openDBX, in case someone would like to use Glorp with other DB drivers than openDBX?

Then the next question is whether these nice add-ons that can be found on the dbxtalk site could be used together with Glorp but on top of different db drivers? I've been asking myself these questions several times, but now I dare to ask somebody else ;-)

Why do I ask? Because I guess it would be easier to get Pharo/Glorp up and running on Windows and ODBC without openDBX drivers. Or am I wrong?

Joachim

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 4:40 AM, Alex Humar <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="edboOwtvghcJ">alexh...@...> wrote:
Hello, i need some help to install Glorp on Pharo 1.4!

Thanks!

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Installing Glorp on Pharo 1.4

Guillermo Polito
Hi!

Regarding the Pharo Glorp port, see below :)

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 1:57 PM, jtuchel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Mariano, Diogenes,

I would like to see a bit clearer on this topic. Does that mean that Glorp is being maintained seperately from openDBX, in case someone would like to use Glorp with other DB drivers than openDBX?

Yes, OpenDBX is a C driver that works as an adapter for many database vendors. The OpenDBX package is a Pharo binding to this library.

Then, there are what we call the Native drivers. Native drivers are drivers written entirely in Pharo Smalltalk. Right now, Glorp can work with both OpenDBX and NativePGSql drivers ;.

Then the next question is whether these nice add-ons that can be found on the dbxtalk site could be used together with Glorp but on top of different db drivers? I've been asking myself these questions several times, but now I dare to ask somebody else ;-)

They should work independently of the database :)

Why do I ask? Because I guess it would be easier to get Pharo/Glorp up and running on Windows and ODBC without openDBX drivers. Or am I wrong?

OpenDBX has a binding for ODBC, you can try that... But It should not be difficult to set up any of them...

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 9:57 AM, jtuchel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Mariano, Diogenes,

I would like to see a bit clearer on this topic. Does that mean that Glorp is being maintained seperately from openDBX, in case someone would like to use Glorp with other DB drivers than openDBX?

Then the next question is whether these nice add-ons that can be found on the dbxtalk site could be used together with Glorp but on top of different db drivers? I've been asking myself these questions several times, but now I dare to ask somebody else ;-)

Why do I ask? Because I guess it would be easier to get Pharo/Glorp up and running on Windows and ODBC without openDBX drivers. Or am I wrong?

If you want glorp, then I think using OpenDBX with the ODBC backend is much easier. Otherwise, you would need to write a database driver for Glorp (subclass of DatabaseDriver) for the ODBC driver.