Installing Seaside 3.0 via Metacello on Squeak 3.10?

Installing Seaside 3.0 via Metacello on Squeak 3.10?

Torsten Bergmann
>Is it possible to install Seaside 3.0 via Metacello on Squeak 3.10 ?

At least not without additional work ... why dont you
use either Pharo 1.1. (the Seaside reference platform) or
Squeak 4.1.? Both are able to use Metacello and the latest Seaside
release?
There is also a prebuilt Seaside 3.0 image available at www.seaside.st.

Any reason you still want to use the old Squeak 3.10?

Bye
T.

Re: Installing Seaside 3.0 via Metacello on Squeak 3.10?

Robert Schwarz-2
The reason is, that my hosting provider don't support the right Ubuntu
Linux version for Squeak 4.1. On my development and testing env. I'm
using Squeak 4.1 and it works perfect. But on production I need 3.10.x
Robert

Am 18.10.2010 um 20:10 schrieb Torsten Bergmann:

>> Is it possible to install Seaside 3.0 via Metacello on Squeak 3.10 ?
>
> At least not without additional work ... why dont you
> use either Pharo 1.1. (the Seaside reference platform) or
> Squeak 4.1.? Both are able to use Metacello and the latest Seaside
> release?
> There is also a prebuilt Seaside 3.0 image available at
> www.seaside.st.
>
> Any reason you still want to use the old Squeak 3.10?
>
> Bye
> T.
>

> --
> Neu: GMX De-Mail - Einfach wie E-Mail, sicher wie ein Brief!
> Jetzt De-Mail-Adresse reservieren: http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/demail

Re: Installing Seaside 3.0 via Metacello on Squeak 3.10?

Levente Uzonyi-2
On Sat, 23 Oct 2010, Robert Schwarz wrote:

> The reason is, that my hosting provider don't support the right Ubuntu Linux
> version for Squeak 4.1. On my development and testing env. I'm using Squeak
> 4.1 and it works perfect. But on production I need 3.10.x
> Robert

If you can execute a binary from your own home directory, then you can
upload a newer VM and use that, instead of the one which comes with the
older Ubuntu.

Levente