Installing pharo6.1-64

dougt
There are no installation instructions in the README.  If you execute ./pharo at the top level:

pharo6.1-64/vm/pharo: No such file or directory

In directory tmp if you add

ln -s ../shared/Pharo6.1-64.image Pharo.image

and execute ./pharo in tmp, then it works.

Re: Installing pharo6.1-64

Ben Coman
hi T.D.,

There are a couple of sources to download Pharo.
Could you provide the link that you used?

cheers -ben

P.S.  If possible could you reduce the size of your font, or post using text.
The size of your font is a bit jarring.  :)

On 7 December 2017 at 04:33, T.D. Telford <[hidden email]> wrote:
There are no installation instructions in the README.  If you execute ./pharo at the top level:

pharo6.1-64/vm/pharo: No such file or directory

In directory tmp if you add

ln -s ../shared/Pharo6.1-64.image Pharo.image

and execute ./pharo in tmp, then it works.

Fwd: Installing pharo6.1-64

Ben Coman
[fwd to list]
Thanks for having a go at fixing your font. Unfortunately it didn't
work (or maybe something wrong at my end)
I'll follow up with you off-list.

cheer -ben

Re: Fwd: Installing pharo6.1-64

Stephane Ducasse-3
Thanks for the feedback and we should add a readme!

On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 2:08 AM, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [fwd to list]
> Thanks for having a go at fixing your font. Unfortunately it didn't
> work (or maybe something wrong at my end)
> I'll follow up with you off-list.
>
> cheer -ben

Marcus Denker-4
Hello,

The build scripts were broken:

We have fixed them and the .zip download should now work better.

In addition, I have started to improve the installation instructions and added the description
how to install on debian/ubuntu/centos via packages:

More improvements to come...