Installing the plug in

Keith Hodges-2
I attempted to install the Squeak plug in - and discovered that it
installed the plugin dll into an old Mozilla installation on my system
but not into the Firefox plugins folder. Of course it can be done
manually but perhaps the installer needs a tweak.

Keith

Re: Installing the plug in

Michael Rueger-6
Keith Hodges wrote:
> I attempted to install the Squeak plug in - and discovered that it
> installed the plugin dll into an old Mozilla installation on my system
> but not into the Firefox plugins folder. Of course it can be done
> manually but perhaps the installer needs a tweak.

Which installer where you using? And how did you install Firefox? The
installer detects Firefox, but only if it was "properly" installed.
As a quick fix you can copy the NPSqueak.dll into the firefox plugins
folder.

Michael

Re: Installing the plug in

Keith Hodges-2
Dear Michael,

I understand now, it appears that on my system the "properly" installed
firefox is the latest one I installed, a development beta release called
BonEcho. So that looks like good news, thanks for your help.

How about releasing the plugin as an xpi package.

Keith

Michael Rueger wrote:

> Keith Hodges wrote:
>> I attempted to install the Squeak plug in - and discovered that it
>> installed the plugin dll into an old Mozilla installation on my
>> system but not into the Firefox plugins folder. Of course it can be
>> done manually but perhaps the installer needs a tweak.
>
> Which installer where you using? And how did you install Firefox? The
> installer detects Firefox, but only if it was "properly" installed.
> As a quick fix you can copy the NPSqueak.dll into the firefox plugins
> folder.
>
> Michael

http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html

Re: Installing the plug in