Instance-Epecific Behavior

pablo digonzelli
Hi
Reading Kent Beck's Guide to Better Smalltalk there is a section about
Instance Specific behavior.
This concept is interesting and i am trying to explore this with Dolphin.
The key is that an instance of some class has his own Behavior or
MethodDictionary.
The point is when i am trying to do this I get different errors messages.
I am trying differents approachs.
A manner of example.

a := Client new

b := Behavior new superclass: Client.

b methodDictionary: MethodDictionary new.

o := b new.

Here I get a error that said me there no name for class. It is happened
because I do not create a class . I am using behavior to simulate the class.

 Other approachs give me other errors.I can't get the rigth one.

Can someone implement especific instance behavior with Dolphin ?

TIA

Pablo

Re: Instance-Epecific Behavior

Christopher J. Demers
Pablo Digonzelli <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:ap2044$r2s2k$[hidden email]...
> Hi
> Reading Kent Beck's Guide to Better Smalltalk there is a section about
> Instance Specific behavior.
> This concept is interesting and i am trying to explore this with Dolphin.

I have not done anything with this, but I do remember a conversation about
this.  A google groups search turned this up:
0ID-51044.news.dfncis.de .

I think that message will provide what you are looking for.

Chris

Re: Instance-Epecific Behavior

Udo Schneider
Christopher J. Demers wrote:
> I have not done anything with this, but I do remember a conversation about
> this.  A google groups search turned this up:

> 0ID-51044.news.dfncis.de .

I wrapped up the code submited by Andy in this thread in a form which is
similar to Kent Beck's code. Maybe this helps.

Udo

US Specialized Instances.pac (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Instance-Epecific Behavior

pablo digonzelli
Thanks all !!!!
Pablo