Instantiations and VA Smalltalk News

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Instantiations and VA Smalltalk News

Seth Berman
VA Smalltalk News
   VAST 9.0 Success Story, New VAST Release Coming Soon, Growing our Staff

Dear VA Smalltalk User,

     There has been so much going on at Instantiations since the v9.0 release of VA Smalltalk and we've been looking forward to giving you this update.

VA Smalltalk 9.0 - Rock Solid Stability!

     Last September we launched the v9.0 release of VA Smalltalk which introduced our new 32 & 64-bit virtual machines. Since that time we have been delighted to hear how smoothly our customers are transitioning their production systems to 64-bit technology. The stability of our modernized virtual machines since launch has proven to be fantastic!  Instantiations has always taken great care and pride in providing compatible and stable software to help protect our customers' investments as they move their systems forward. For more information, download the v9.0 data sheet by clicking here.
     

New Instantiations Staff Member

     
We are very pleased to announce that well-known Smalltalker Mariano Martinez Peck has joined the VA Smalltalk engineering team as a Senior Software Engineer on January 1, 2018. Mariano holds a PhD in Computer Science from RMOD-INRIA and the École Des Mines de Douai in France. His academic research has been published across various international journals and he has been developing commercial software for more than ten years in various industries such as financial services, simulations, retail and logistics. In his new role at Instantiations, Mariano will be a key contributor in the continued development and modernization of VA Smalltalk and will be involved in all aspects of product development and architecture.
 


New Release of VA Smalltalk Coming This Summer

     Our next release of VA Smalltalk (v9.1) is shaping up to be one of the largest feature releases Instantiations has ever done.  Additionally, will be releasing a new version of VAST on Linux which will be utilizing our state-of-the-art 32 & 64-bit virtual machines.  The VAST engineering team has been working incredibly hard and plans to provide VA Smalltalk v9.1 this summer. When v9.1 is released, we will send out another announcement to let you know.  Remember, if you have a current support agreement the upgrade is free! 
 

     It is a pleasure to update you with all the exciting news that is happening at Instantiations and thank you again for your continued support.

Onward and upward!

 
Seth Berman
President & CEO

 
1-855-4-SMALLTALK
(1-855-476-2558)
www.instantiations.com



Instantiations® and VA Smalltalk™ are trademarks of Instantiations, Inc.
IBM and VisualAge are registered trademarks of IBM.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
This email is intended for those who have an interest in Instantiations' VA Smalltalk. If you do not wish to continue receiving messages from Instantiations please Unsubscribe below.

Unsubscribe <<Email Address>> from this list | Forward to a friend | Update your profile

Copyright (C) 2018 INSTANTIATIONS INC All rights reserved.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VA Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/va-smalltalk.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Instantiations and VA Smalltalk News

Louis LaBrunda
Congratulations to Seth and everyone at Instantiations.  And welcome Mariano!

Lou

On Thursday, April 5, 2018 at 10:34:53 AM UTC-4, Seth Berman wrote:
VA Smalltalk News
   VAST 9.0 Success Story, New VAST Release Coming Soon, Growing our Staff

Dear VA Smalltalk User,

     There has been so much going on at Instantiations since the v9.0 release of VA Smalltalk and we've been looking forward to giving you this update.

VA Smalltalk 9.0 - Rock Solid Stability!

     Last September we launched the v9.0 release of VA Smalltalk which introduced our new 32 & 64-bit virtual machines. Since that time we have been delighted to hear how smoothly our customers are transitioning their production systems to 64-bit technology. The stability of our modernized virtual machines since launch has proven to be fantastic!  Instantiations has always taken great care and pride in providing compatible and stable software to help protect our customers' investments as they move their systems forward. For more information, download the v9.0 data sheet by clicking <a href="http://www.instantiations.com/PDFs/datasheet_vast.pdf" style="color:rgb(0,0,0)" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.instantiations.com%2FPDFs%2Fdatasheet_vast.pdf\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHUWp6Bw7-RZaRa9As1BxSiHraYvg&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.instantiations.com%2FPDFs%2Fdatasheet_vast.pdf\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHUWp6Bw7-RZaRa9As1BxSiHraYvg&#39;;return true;">here.
     

New Instantiations Staff Member

     
We are very pleased to announce that well-known Smalltalker Mariano Martinez Peck has joined the VA Smalltalk engineering team as a Senior Software Engineer on January 1, 2018. Mariano holds a PhD in Computer Science from RMOD-INRIA and the École Des Mines de Douai in France. His academic research has been published across various international journals and he has been developing commercial software for more than ten years in various industries such as financial services, simulations, retail and logistics. In his new role at Instantiations, Mariano will be a key contributor in the continued development and modernization of VA Smalltalk and will be involved in all aspects of product development and architecture.
 


New Release of VA Smalltalk Coming This Summer

     Our next release of VA Smalltalk (v9.1) is shaping up to be one of the largest feature releases Instantiations has ever done.  Additionally, will be releasing a new version of VAST on Linux which will be utilizing our state-of-the-art 32 & 64-bit virtual machines.  The VAST engineering team has been working incredibly hard and plans to provide VA Smalltalk v9.1 this summer. When v9.1 is released, we will send out another announcement to let you know.  Remember, if you have a current support agreement the upgrade is free! 
 

     It is a pleasure to update you with all the exciting news that is happening at Instantiations and thank you again for your continued support.

Onward and upward!

 
Seth Berman
President & CEO

 
1-855-4-SMALLTALK
(1-855-476-2558)
<a href="http://www.instantiations.com/" style="color:rgb(0,0,0)" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.instantiations.com%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNH0ZL0YFoc9I1IYi3pc--9EeBxvkg&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.instantiations.com%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNH0ZL0YFoc9I1IYi3pc--9EeBxvkg&#39;;return true;">www.instantiations.com



Instantiations® and VA Smalltalk™ are trademarks of Instantiations, Inc.
IBM and VisualAge are registered trademarks of IBM.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
This email is intended for those who have an interest in Instantiations' VA Smalltalk. If you do not wish to continue receiving messages from Instantiations please Unsubscribe below.

<a href="https://instantiations.us2.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=40d53f69de264c389f24ea8ef&amp;id=918a7a3073&amp;e=[UNIQID]&amp;c=4783ba07dd" style="color:rgb(0,0,0)" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Finstantiations.us2.list-manage.com%2Funsubscribe%3Fu%3D40d53f69de264c389f24ea8ef%26id%3D918a7a3073%26e%3D%5BUNIQID%5D%26c%3D4783ba07dd\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNF_iGdkhRiVtP1XzGL2ZaLLOsNTPw&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Finstantiations.us2.list-manage.com%2Funsubscribe%3Fu%3D40d53f69de264c389f24ea8ef%26id%3D918a7a3073%26e%3D%5BUNIQID%5D%26c%3D4783ba07dd\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNF_iGdkhRiVtP1XzGL2ZaLLOsNTPw&#39;;return true;">Unsubscribe <<Email Address>> from this list | <a href="http://us2.forward-to-friend.com/forward?u=40d53f69de264c389f24ea8ef&amp;id=4783ba07dd&amp;e=[UNIQID]" style="color:rgb(0,0,0)" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fus2.forward-to-friend.com%2Fforward%3Fu%3D40d53f69de264c389f24ea8ef%26id%3D4783ba07dd%26e%3D%5BUNIQID%5D\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHPdtBVZ1UcdCKVmeS5WPORkL1IfQ&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fus2.forward-to-friend.com%2Fforward%3Fu%3D40d53f69de264c389f24ea8ef%26id%3D4783ba07dd%26e%3D%5BUNIQID%5D\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHPdtBVZ1UcdCKVmeS5WPORkL1IfQ&#39;;return true;">Forward to a friend | <a href="https://instantiations.us2.list-manage.com/profile?u=40d53f69de264c389f24ea8ef&amp;id=918a7a3073&amp;e=[UNIQID]" style="color:rgb(0,0,0)" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Finstantiations.us2.list-manage.com%2Fprofile%3Fu%3D40d53f69de264c389f24ea8ef%26id%3D918a7a3073%26e%3D%5BUNIQID%5D\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFwPT92amRylWbnUJEmzfxvTPTm2w&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Finstantiations.us2.list-manage.com%2Fprofile%3Fu%3D40d53f69de264c389f24ea8ef%26id%3D918a7a3073%26e%3D%5BUNIQID%5D\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFwPT92amRylWbnUJEmzfxvTPTm2w&#39;;return true;">Update your profile

Copyright (C) 2018 INSTANTIATIONS INC All rights reserved.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VA Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/va-smalltalk.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Instantiations and VA Smalltalk News

jtuchel
In reply to this post by Seth Berman
Seth,

this is excellent news. I really look forward to getting my hands on 9.1. It may sound strange but for our project, 9.0 wasn't that interesting. The reason is easy: we deploy on Linux, so there was not much of a point in using 9.0 ;-)
9.1, however, is an extremely interesting beast for us, especially the fact that VAST will be available in 64 bits. It's getting harder and harder to install 32 bit libraries on current Linux distributions, so this really is a huge step towards a bright future! The fact that there will be no gap between the Windows and Linux versions any more is good news as well (Assuming you also mean AIX when you say Linux ;-) ).

Even though we don't use 9.0 in-house, I can confirm what you write about VM stability: our customers who made the switch are very happy with the backwards compatibility and performance of the new 32 bits VM. The switch to 64 bits is not a no-brainer but is feasible. So Congrats on that!

On the roadmap for 9.1 are so many exciting new things for our needs that I can hardly wait. The last time I was so eager to get my hands on a new version was when the Seaside framework was first ported to VAST.

I will stop writing now, so that you can stop reading and get back to work and make 9.1 come true on schedule ;-)


Joachim



 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VA Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/va-smalltalk.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Instantiations and VA Smalltalk News

jtuchel
Oh, I hadn't finished ;-)


The news of Mariano joining Instantiations are exciting and really excellent news.

Welcome Mariano!
I look forward to feedinig you with Support Cases ;-))


Joachim









Am Donnerstag, 5. April 2018 20:22:34 UTC+2 schrieb Joachim Tuchel:
Seth,

this is excellent news. I really look forward to getting my hands on 9.1. It may sound strange but for our project, 9.0 wasn't that interesting. The reason is easy: we deploy on Linux, so there was not much of a point in using 9.0 ;-)
9.1, however, is an extremely interesting beast for us, especially the fact that VAST will be available in 64 bits. It's getting harder and harder to install 32 bit libraries on current Linux distributions, so this really is a huge step towards a bright future! The fact that there will be no gap between the Windows and Linux versions any more is good news as well (Assuming you also mean AIX when you say Linux ;-) ).

Even though we don't use 9.0 in-house, I can confirm what you write about VM stability: our customers who made the switch are very happy with the backwards compatibility and performance of the new 32 bits VM. The switch to 64 bits is not a no-brainer but is feasible. So Congrats on that!

On the roadmap for 9.1 are so many exciting new things for our needs that I can hardly wait. The last time I was so eager to get my hands on a new version was when the Seaside framework was first ported to VAST.

I will stop writing now, so that you can stop reading and get back to work and make 9.1 come true on schedule ;-)


Joachim



 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VA Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/va-smalltalk.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Instantiations and VA Smalltalk News

Mariano Peck
Hi guys,

Just wanted to thank Instantiations for the warm welcome and words for describing me. It's has already been a pleasure working with you and I am sure it will continue like that.

Also thanks Joachim and Louis for the kind words. I hope to meet and exceed all your expectations and that we can work together for a better VA. That being said... feeding me with Support Cases? Don't you dare!!! hahahahahha    ;)

Best regards,


On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 3:25 PM, Joachim Tuchel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Oh, I hadn't finished ;-)


The news of Mariano joining Instantiations are exciting and really excellent news.

Welcome Mariano!
I look forward to feedinig you with Support Cases ;-))


Joachim










Am Donnerstag, 5. April 2018 20:22:34 UTC+2 schrieb Joachim Tuchel:
Seth,

this is excellent news. I really look forward to getting my hands on 9.1. It may sound strange but for our project, 9.0 wasn't that interesting. The reason is easy: we deploy on Linux, so there was not much of a point in using 9.0 ;-)
9.1, however, is an extremely interesting beast for us, especially the fact that VAST will be available in 64 bits. It's getting harder and harder to install 32 bit libraries on current Linux distributions, so this really is a huge step towards a bright future! The fact that there will be no gap between the Windows and Linux versions any more is good news as well (Assuming you also mean AIX when you say Linux ;-) ).

Even though we don't use 9.0 in-house, I can confirm what you write about VM stability: our customers who made the switch are very happy with the backwards compatibility and performance of the new 32 bits VM. The switch to 64 bits is not a no-brainer but is feasible. So Congrats on that!

On the roadmap for 9.1 are so many exciting new things for our needs that I can hardly wait. The last time I was so eager to get my hands on a new version was when the Seaside framework was first ported to VAST.

I will stop writing now, so that you can stop reading and get back to work and make 9.1 come true on schedule ;-)


Joachim



 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VA Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/va-smalltalk.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.



--
Mariano Martinez Peck
Software Engineer, Instantiations Inc.
[hidden email]

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VA Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/va-smalltalk.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Instantiations and VA Smalltalk News

jtuchel
No chance, Mariano. Ask your colleagues.. I'll get you ;-)



Am Samstag, 7. April 2018 02:52:52 UTC+2 schrieb marianopeck:
Hi guys,

Just wanted to thank Instantiations for the warm welcome and words for describing me. It's has already been a pleasure working with you and I am sure it will continue like that.

Also thanks Joachim and Louis for the kind words. I hope to meet and exceed all your expectations and that we can work together for a better VA. That being said... feeding me with Support Cases? Don't you dare!!! hahahahahha    ;)

Best regards,


On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 3:25 PM, Joachim Tuchel <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="Ar2aW87pCAAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">jtu...@...> wrote:
Oh, I hadn't finished ;-)


The news of Mariano joining Instantiations are exciting and really excellent news.

Welcome Mariano!
I look forward to feedinig you with Support Cases ;-))


Joachim










Am Donnerstag, 5. April 2018 20:22:34 UTC+2 schrieb Joachim Tuchel:
Seth,

this is excellent news. I really look forward to getting my hands on 9.1. It may sound strange but for our project, 9.0 wasn't that interesting. The reason is easy: we deploy on Linux, so there was not much of a point in using 9.0 ;-)
9.1, however, is an extremely interesting beast for us, especially the fact that VAST will be available in 64 bits. It's getting harder and harder to install 32 bit libraries on current Linux distributions, so this really is a huge step towards a bright future! The fact that there will be no gap between the Windows and Linux versions any more is good news as well (Assuming you also mean AIX when you say Linux ;-) ).

Even though we don't use 9.0 in-house, I can confirm what you write about VM stability: our customers who made the switch are very happy with the backwards compatibility and performance of the new 32 bits VM. The switch to 64 bits is not a no-brainer but is feasible. So Congrats on that!

On the roadmap for 9.1 are so many exciting new things for our needs that I can hardly wait. The last time I was so eager to get my hands on a new version was when the Seaside framework was first ported to VAST.

I will stop writing now, so that you can stop reading and get back to work and make 9.1 come true on schedule ;-)


Joachim



 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VA Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="Ar2aW87pCAAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">va-smalltalk...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to <a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="Ar2aW87pCAAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">va-sma...@....
Visit this group at <a href="https://groups.google.com/group/va-smalltalk" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/group/va-smalltalk&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/group/va-smalltalk&#39;;return true;">https://groups.google.com/group/va-smalltalk.
For more options, visit <a href="https://groups.google.com/d/optout" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/optout&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/optout&#39;;return true;">https://groups.google.com/d/optout.



--
Mariano Martinez Peck
Software Engineer, Instantiations Inc.
<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="Ar2aW87pCAAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">mp...@...

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VA Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/va-smalltalk.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Instantiations and VA Smalltalk News

vinref
In reply to this post by Seth Berman
Great to see that VA is progressing well - gives me more ammunition to convince management to keep using VA and to upgrade to the latest version.

And great to see Mariano moving to Instantiations! I am a great admirer of Mariano's work at Pharo.

Vince

On Friday, 6 April 2018 00:34:53 UTC+10, Seth Berman wrote:
VA Smalltalk News
   VAST 9.0 Success Story, New VAST Release Coming Soon, Growing our Staff

Dear VA Smalltalk User,

     There has been so much going on at Instantiations since the v9.0 release of VA Smalltalk and we've been looking forward to giving you this update.

VA Smalltalk 9.0 - Rock Solid Stability!

     Last September we launched the v9.0 release of VA Smalltalk which introduced our new 32 & 64-bit virtual machines. Since that time we have been delighted to hear how smoothly our customers are transitioning their production systems to 64-bit technology. The stability of our modernized virtual machines since launch has proven to be fantastic!  Instantiations has always taken great care and pride in providing compatible and stable software to help protect our customers' investments as they move their systems forward. For more information, download the v9.0 data sheet by clicking <a href="http://www.instantiations.com/PDFs/datasheet_vast.pdf" style="color:rgb(0,0,0)" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.instantiations.com%2FPDFs%2Fdatasheet_vast.pdf\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHUWp6Bw7-RZaRa9As1BxSiHraYvg&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.instantiations.com%2FPDFs%2Fdatasheet_vast.pdf\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHUWp6Bw7-RZaRa9As1BxSiHraYvg&#39;;return true;">here.
     

New Instantiations Staff Member

     
We are very pleased to announce that well-known Smalltalker Mariano Martinez Peck has joined the VA Smalltalk engineering team as a Senior Software Engineer on January 1, 2018. Mariano holds a PhD in Computer Science from RMOD-INRIA and the École Des Mines de Douai in France. His academic research has been published across various international journals and he has been developing commercial software for more than ten years in various industries such as financial services, simulations, retail and logistics. In his new role at Instantiations, Mariano will be a key contributor in the continued development and modernization of VA Smalltalk and will be involved in all aspects of product development and architecture.
 


New Release of VA Smalltalk Coming This Summer

     Our next release of VA Smalltalk (v9.1) is shaping up to be one of the largest feature releases Instantiations has ever done.  Additionally, will be releasing a new version of VAST on Linux which will be utilizing our state-of-the-art 32 & 64-bit virtual machines.  The VAST engineering team has been working incredibly hard and plans to provide VA Smalltalk v9.1 this summer. When v9.1 is released, we will send out another announcement to let you know.  Remember, if you have a current support agreement the upgrade is free! 
 

     It is a pleasure to update you with all the exciting news that is happening at Instantiations and thank you again for your continued support.

Onward and upward!

 
Seth Berman
President & CEO

 
1-855-4-SMALLTALK
(1-855-476-2558)
<a href="http://www.instantiations.com/" style="color:rgb(0,0,0)" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.instantiations.com%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNH0ZL0YFoc9I1IYi3pc--9EeBxvkg&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.instantiations.com%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNH0ZL0YFoc9I1IYi3pc--9EeBxvkg&#39;;return true;">www.instantiations.com



Instantiations® and VA Smalltalk™ are trademarks of Instantiations, Inc.
IBM and VisualAge are registered trademarks of IBM.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
This email is intended for those who have an interest in Instantiations' VA Smalltalk. If you do not wish to continue receiving messages from Instantiations please Unsubscribe below.

<a href="https://instantiations.us2.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=40d53f69de264c389f24ea8ef&amp;id=918a7a3073&amp;e=[UNIQID]&amp;c=4783ba07dd" style="color:rgb(0,0,0)" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Finstantiations.us2.list-manage.com%2Funsubscribe%3Fu%3D40d53f69de264c389f24ea8ef%26id%3D918a7a3073%26e%3D%5BUNIQID%5D%26c%3D4783ba07dd\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNF_iGdkhRiVtP1XzGL2ZaLLOsNTPw&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Finstantiations.us2.list-manage.com%2Funsubscribe%3Fu%3D40d53f69de264c389f24ea8ef%26id%3D918a7a3073%26e%3D%5BUNIQID%5D%26c%3D4783ba07dd\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNF_iGdkhRiVtP1XzGL2ZaLLOsNTPw&#39;;return true;">Unsubscribe <<Email Address>> from this list | <a href="http://us2.forward-to-friend.com/forward?u=40d53f69de264c389f24ea8ef&amp;id=4783ba07dd&amp;e=[UNIQID]" style="color:rgb(0,0,0)" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fus2.forward-to-friend.com%2Fforward%3Fu%3D40d53f69de264c389f24ea8ef%26id%3D4783ba07dd%26e%3D%5BUNIQID%5D\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHPdtBVZ1UcdCKVmeS5WPORkL1IfQ&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fus2.forward-to-friend.com%2Fforward%3Fu%3D40d53f69de264c389f24ea8ef%26id%3D4783ba07dd%26e%3D%5BUNIQID%5D\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHPdtBVZ1UcdCKVmeS5WPORkL1IfQ&#39;;return true;">Forward to a friend | <a href="https://instantiations.us2.list-manage.com/profile?u=40d53f69de264c389f24ea8ef&amp;id=918a7a3073&amp;e=[UNIQID]" style="color:rgb(0,0,0)" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Finstantiations.us2.list-manage.com%2Fprofile%3Fu%3D40d53f69de264c389f24ea8ef%26id%3D918a7a3073%26e%3D%5BUNIQID%5D\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFwPT92amRylWbnUJEmzfxvTPTm2w&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Finstantiations.us2.list-manage.com%2Fprofile%3Fu%3D40d53f69de264c389f24ea8ef%26id%3D918a7a3073%26e%3D%5BUNIQID%5D\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFwPT92amRylWbnUJEmzfxvTPTm2w&#39;;return true;">Update your profile

Copyright (C) 2018 INSTANTIATIONS INC All rights reserved.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VA Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/va-smalltalk.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Instantiations and VA Smalltalk News

Mariano Peck


On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 10:19 PM, Vince Refiti <[hidden email]> wrote:
Great to see that VA is progressing well - gives me more ammunition to convince management to keep using VA and to upgrade to the latest version.

And great to see Mariano moving to Instantiations! I am a great admirer of Mariano's work at Pharo.


Thanks Vince for your nice words!

 
Vince


On Friday, 6 April 2018 00:34:53 UTC+10, Seth Berman wrote:
VA Smalltalk News
   VAST 9.0 Success Story, New VAST Release Coming Soon, Growing our Staff

Dear VA Smalltalk User,

     There has been so much going on at Instantiations since the v9.0 release of VA Smalltalk and we've been looking forward to giving you this update.

VA Smalltalk 9.0 - Rock Solid Stability!

     Last September we launched the v9.0 release of VA Smalltalk which introduced our new 32 & 64-bit virtual machines. Since that time we have been delighted to hear how smoothly our customers are transitioning their production systems to 64-bit technology. The stability of our modernized virtual machines since launch has proven to be fantastic!  Instantiations has always taken great care and pride in providing compatible and stable software to help protect our customers' investments as they move their systems forward. For more information, download the v9.0 data sheet by clicking here.
     

New Instantiations Staff Member

     
We are very pleased to announce that well-known Smalltalker Mariano Martinez Peck has joined the VA Smalltalk engineering team as a Senior Software Engineer on January 1, 2018. Mariano holds a PhD in Computer Science from RMOD-INRIA and the École Des Mines de Douai in France. His academic research has been published across various international journals and he has been developing commercial software for more than ten years in various industries such as financial services, simulations, retail and logistics. In his new role at Instantiations, Mariano will be a key contributor in the continued development and modernization of VA Smalltalk and will be involved in all aspects of product development and architecture.
 


New Release of VA Smalltalk Coming This Summer

     Our next release of VA Smalltalk (v9.1) is shaping up to be one of the largest feature releases Instantiations has ever done.  Additionally, will be releasing a new version of VAST on Linux which will be utilizing our state-of-the-art 32 & 64-bit virtual machines.  The VAST engineering team has been working incredibly hard and plans to provide VA Smalltalk v9.1 this summer. When v9.1 is released, we will send out another announcement to let you know.  Remember, if you have a current support agreement the upgrade is free! 
 

     It is a pleasure to update you with all the exciting news that is happening at Instantiations and thank you again for your continued support.

Onward and upward!

 
Seth Berman
President & CEO

 
1-855-4-SMALLTALK
(1-855-476-2558)
www.instantiations.com



Instantiations® and VA Smalltalk™ are trademarks of Instantiations, Inc.
IBM and VisualAge are registered trademarks of IBM.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
This email is intended for those who have an interest in Instantiations' VA Smalltalk. If you do not wish to continue receiving messages from Instantiations please Unsubscribe below.

Unsubscribe <<Email Address>> from this list | Forward to a friend | Update your profile

Copyright (C) 2018 INSTANTIATIONS INC All rights reserved.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VA Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/va-smalltalk.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.



--
Mariano Martinez Peck
Software Engineer, Instantiations Inc.
[hidden email]

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VA Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/va-smalltalk.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.