Integer vs. SmallInteger

Lee Breisacher-2
The Blue Book says "3 class == SmallInteger" whereas redline says "3 class == Integer".  Does this kind of thing matter?

Re: Integer vs. SmallInteger

SeanTAllen

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 5:46 PM, Lee Breisacher <[hidden email]> wrote:
The Blue Book says "3 class == SmallInteger" whereas redline says "3 class == Integer".  Does this kind of thing matter?

Rob and James have been handling the number tower. They will have a good answer to that.

I should have been paying attention to those conversations but, I was preparing to get married and didn't.

Re: Integer vs. SmallInteger

James Ladd
Ah - yes, this is one of those things where the JVM will overrule Smalltalk.
3 class == Integer. That will be ok.

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 9:48 AM, Sean Allen <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 5:46 PM, Lee Breisacher <[hidden email]> wrote:
The Blue Book says "3 class == SmallInteger" whereas redline says "3 class == Integer".  Does this kind of thing matter?

Rob and James have been handling the number tower. They will have a good answer to that.

I should have been paying attention to those conversations but, I was preparing to get married and didn't.

Re: Integer vs. SmallInteger

Robert Roland
Number support isn't fully complete yet.  Floats aren't working, and I'm not much of an ANTLR user, so I haven't had much luck fixing them.

The JVM is overruling because we're not testing the size of an integer to see if it's a SmallInteger, LargePositiveInteger or LargeNegativeInteger.

We'll have to think on this more, but we know it's a part we're not really done with yet.

   - Rob