Integrating Mocketry

CyrilFerlicot
Hello everyone,

I would like to talk about something I would love to see in Moose: a
Mock framework.

I love to have a stable structure so I love tests. But sometimes it is
hard to produce tests for Famix because the models are complex and I
want to test a specific, simple, case. I think that as a code quality
analysis platform, Moose *needs* to get a Mock framework.

Thus I would like to add Mocketry to the dependencies of Famix or Fame.

Why Mocketry? Because we already have some of its dependencies in the
dependencies of Famix and because I find it easier to use than BabyMock.

So... Do someone has objections? Do someone think we need a Mock
framework but thinks that Mocketry is not the right one?

If I have no objection I'll add the dependency then some more tests :)

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

http://www.synectique.eu
2 rue Jacques Prévert 01,
59650 Villeneuve d'ascq France

Re: Integrating Mocketry

abergel
Fine for me!

I see several efforts in Moose. What is the big plan?

Alexandre
Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Le 31/05/2017 à 22:02, Alexandre Bergel a écrit :
> Fine for me!

Cool :)

> I see several efforts in Moose. What is the big plan?

Hi Alex!

There is many differents things.

1) Anne and Jean-Christophe worked in order to make MooseChef more
generic and produced MooseQuery.

2) Vincent is working with Moose and need to correct some
problems/improve the perf of some algorithm.

3) Pavel is currently working on a way to allow the creation of models
by composition instead of inheritance. (This is a really really
important work)

4) At Synectique we are still on Pharo 4 and the stable Famix of Pharo
4. We would like to move to a more recent Famix version but there is
problems. So we are slowly correcting them (For example MooseQuery is
too slow compared to MooseChef for now. Also the source anchors where
wrongly exported in the MSE). Also we have some improvements of Famix
that are only on a private branch of Synectique on the Pharo 4 Famix and
we are porting them to the public Famix.

> Alexandre

Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

http://www.synectique.eu
2 rue Jacques Prévert 01,
59650 Villeneuve d'ascq France

Re: Integrating Mocketry

abergel
Indeed, it is good that FAMIX is improved.

Thanks Cyril for this overview.
Alexandre