Integration Tests

Robert Krahn-4
Dear list members,

we enabled integration test runs for Webwerkstatt when changes on core files happen. See http://travis-ci.org/#!/rksm/LivelyKernel. For now we would like to send notifications mails about the success of these test runs to this list. The reason for this is to conveniently inform people working on the core about changes that break existing functionality.

If you have objections about these notifications please respond to this mail and we will consider creating a separate list for that.

Best,
Robert

Virtual World Framework

Dan Ingalls-4
Folks -

I though everyone would want to know about the release of David Smith's Virtual World Framework...

        http://virtualworldframework.com/web/about.html

David was one of the main architects of Croquet, the very cool 3D collaboration environment done in Squeak.

VWF is built on a JavaScript kernel for synchronized distributed event handling similar to that in Croquet.  It should therefore make it relatively simple to synchronize multiple collaborating worlds in Lively.

Once that is all working, the step to 3D should also be greatly facilitated by other projects likely to be sprouting from this base.

I got a demo from David today, and it looks quite direct and simple, and David is interested in collaboration, not just in general, but with us.

  - Dan