IntelliJ Plugin !!

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
29 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

IntelliJ Plugin !!

James Ladd

I'm very excited to give you a sneak peek at the IntelliJ IDEA Redline Smalltalk plugin.
Thanks to the brilliant Konstantin Bulenkov.

Here is the video, and your comments are welcomed.

http://www.screenr.com/6Ge7

If you don't use IntelliJ then you should or at least try it for 30 days.
Here: http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/

- James.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: IntelliJ Plugin !!

Mark Derricutt-2
sqweee! That's looking nice. Is that on github that we can download and play with?  Or a nightly build ( with an .xml repo for autoupdate ).

Nice work....

jamesl wrote:

I'm very excited to give you a sneak peek at the IntelliJ IDEA Redline Smalltalk plugin.
Thanks to the brilliant Konstantin Bulenkov.

Here is the video, and your comments are welcomed.

http://www.screenr.com/6Ge7

If you don't use IntelliJ then you should or at least try it for 30 days.
Here: http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/

- James.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: IntelliJ Plugin !!

James Ladd
Currently you can't get the source to it, but you can play with it by following the video.


On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 10:59 AM, Mark Derricutt <[hidden email]> wrote:
sqweee! That's looking nice. Is that on github that we can download and play with?  Or a nightly build ( with an .xml repo for autoupdate ).

Nice work....


jamesl wrote:

I'm very excited to give you a sneak peek at the IntelliJ IDEA Redline Smalltalk plugin.
Thanks to the brilliant Konstantin Bulenkov.

Here is the video, and your comments are welcomed.

http://www.screenr.com/6Ge7

If you don't use IntelliJ then you should or at least try it for 30 days.
Here: http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/

- James.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: IntelliJ Plugin !!

Mark Derricutt-2
James Ladd wrote:
> Currently you can't get the source to it, but you can play with it by
> following the video.
It mentioned getting from the plugin repo, but ( at least under the new
12.1.2 EAP ) nothing showed up.

Will have to try again when I have some more time to play.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: IntelliJ Plugin !!

James Ladd
Please do and please provide feedback.


On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Mark Derricutt <[hidden email]> wrote:
James Ladd wrote:
Currently you can't get the source to it, but you can play with it by following the video.
It mentioned getting from the plugin repo, but ( at least under the new 12.1.2 EAP ) nothing showed up.

Will have to try again when I have some more time to play.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: IntelliJ Plugin !!

Jeff Heon
In reply to this post by Mark Derricutt-2
I've had success seeing it from inside IntelliJ with ultimate edition version 12.1.1 from home.

This morning it was not showing up in my community edition at work, I don't know the exact version (maybe 12.1), but now it's showing up after updating to 12.1.1.

You could try downloading the jar  from the repo and the "Install from disk" option from the plugins page.



On Thursday, April 18, 2013 9:04:46 PM UTC-4, Mark Derricutt wrote:
James Ladd wrote:
> Currently you can't get the source to it, but you can play with it by
> following the video.
It mentioned getting from the plugin repo, but ( at least under the new
12.1.2 EAP ) nothing showed up.

Will have to try again when I have some more time to play.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: IntelliJ Plugin !!

Vitor Medina Cruz
In reply to this post by James Ladd

Awesome!

Well, I did just like the video: installed the plugin, created a new project, download and installed Redline, associated the newly created redline sdk and created a message file. First, the file association did not worked, I had to configure it on hand. Then, msg and Transcript were underlined, like Intellij could not understand it, in the video this do not happens. Then I run, and I got the following error message:

 Error running helloWorld: Cannot start process, the working directory E:\Projetos\myFirstSmallTalk\out\production\myFirstSmallTalk does not exist

Can't figure why this is happening. I am using Intellij 12.1.1 and Java 6. I will try with Java 7 later.

[]s,
Vitor

On Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:06:51 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
Please do and please provide feedback.


On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Mark Derricutt <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="7YN6U99jK1EJ">ma...@...> wrote:
James Ladd wrote:
Currently you can't get the source to it, but you can play with it by following the video.
It mentioned getting from the plugin repo, but ( at least under the new 12.1.2 EAP ) nothing showed up.

Will have to try again when I have some more time to play.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="7YN6U99jK1EJ">redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: IntelliJ Plugin !!

James Ladd
I have reproduced the error -

Please check:

Looks like Redline Smalltalk facet is missed for module.
He should check:
1. Plugins in Preferences. Redline Smalltalk should be installed.
2. Module should have Redline Smalltalk facet and Redline SDK should be set http://screencast.com/t/JIB7U5MRB 




On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 12:51 AM, Vitor Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:

Awesome!

Well, I did just like the video: installed the plugin, created a new project, download and installed Redline, associated the newly created redline sdk and created a message file. First, the file association did not worked, I had to configure it on hand. Then, msg and Transcript were underlined, like Intellij could not understand it, in the video this do not happens. Then I run, and I got the following error message:

 Error running helloWorld: Cannot start process, the working directory E:\Projetos\myFirstSmallTalk\out\production\myFirstSmallTalk does not exist

Can't figure why this is happening. I am using Intellij 12.1.1 and Java 6. I will try with Java 7 later.

[]s,
Vitor


On Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:06:51 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
Please do and please provide feedback.


On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Mark Derricutt <[hidden email]> wrote:
James Ladd wrote:
Currently you can't get the source to it, but you can play with it by following the video.
It mentioned getting from the plugin repo, but ( at least under the new 12.1.2 EAP ) nothing showed up.

Will have to try again when I have some more time to play.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: IntelliJ Plugin !!

James Ladd
In reply to this post by Mark Derricutt-2
The plugin is currently set to recognize 12.1.1 so 12.1.2 wont work until we test it and set a version accordingly.
Please try the plugin with 12.1.1


On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Mark Derricutt <[hidden email]> wrote:
James Ladd wrote:
Currently you can't get the source to it, but you can play with it by following the video.
It mentioned getting from the plugin repo, but ( at least under the new 12.1.2 EAP ) nothing showed up.

Will have to try again when I have some more time to play.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: IntelliJ Plugin !!

James Ladd
In reply to this post by Vitor Medina Cruz
Hi Vitor,

I tested the plugin with a virgin install of IntelliJ on Mac and it worked without issue (following the video instructions).
I tested on Ubuntu as well (virgin install) and it worked.
I have not tested it on windows yet.

Please remove any existing Redline plugins from your intelliJ or better yet, delete the whole folder and reinstall.
Then follow the instructions in the video. You should also make sure REDLINE_HOME is not set in your
environment.

- James.


On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 12:51 AM, Vitor Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:

Awesome!

Well, I did just like the video: installed the plugin, created a new project, download and installed Redline, associated the newly created redline sdk and created a message file. First, the file association did not worked, I had to configure it on hand. Then, msg and Transcript were underlined, like Intellij could not understand it, in the video this do not happens. Then I run, and I got the following error message:

 Error running helloWorld: Cannot start process, the working directory E:\Projetos\myFirstSmallTalk\out\production\myFirstSmallTalk does not exist

Can't figure why this is happening. I am using Intellij 12.1.1 and Java 6. I will try with Java 7 later.

[]s,
Vitor


On Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:06:51 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
Please do and please provide feedback.


On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Mark Derricutt <[hidden email]> wrote:
James Ladd wrote:
Currently you can't get the source to it, but you can play with it by following the video.
It mentioned getting from the plugin repo, but ( at least under the new 12.1.2 EAP ) nothing showed up.

Will have to try again when I have some more time to play.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: IntelliJ Plugin !!

Vitor Medina Cruz
Nope, didn't work :(

I am using Intellij Ultimate, windows 7, 64 bits. I will try on Ubuntu later and see what happens.

On Wednesday, April 24, 2013 7:49:27 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
Hi Vitor,

I tested the plugin with a virgin install of IntelliJ on Mac and it worked without issue (following the video instructions).
I tested on Ubuntu as well (virgin install) and it worked.
I have not tested it on windows yet.

Please remove any existing Redline plugins from your intelliJ or better yet, delete the whole folder and reinstall.
Then follow the instructions in the video. You should also make sure REDLINE_HOME is not set in your
environment.

- James.


On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 12:51 AM, Vitor Cruz <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="wHtpP4qqTC8J">vitor...@...> wrote:

Awesome!

Well, I did just like the video: installed the plugin, created a new project, download and installed Redline, associated the newly created redline sdk and created a message file. First, the file association did not worked, I had to configure it on hand. Then, msg and Transcript were underlined, like Intellij could not understand it, in the video this do not happens. Then I run, and I got the following error message:

 Error running helloWorld: Cannot start process, the working directory E:\Projetos\myFirstSmallTalk\out\production\myFirstSmallTalk does not exist

Can't figure why this is happening. I am using Intellij 12.1.1 and Java 6. I will try with Java 7 later.

[]s,
Vitor


On Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:06:51 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
Please do and please provide feedback.


On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Mark Derricutt <[hidden email]> wrote:
James Ladd wrote:
Currently you can't get the source to it, but you can play with it by following the video.
It mentioned getting from the plugin repo, but ( at least under the new 12.1.2 EAP ) nothing showed up.

Will have to try again when I have some more time to play.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="wHtpP4qqTC8J">redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: IntelliJ Plugin !!

James Ladd
When you say it didn't work - what did you try? A fresh install et ?

Sent from Hyperspace.

On 28/04/2013, at 3:05 AM, Vitor Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:

Nope, didn't work :(

I am using Intellij Ultimate, windows 7, 64 bits. I will try on Ubuntu later and see what happens.

On Wednesday, April 24, 2013 7:49:27 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
Hi Vitor,

I tested the plugin with a virgin install of IntelliJ on Mac and it worked without issue (following the video instructions).
I tested on Ubuntu as well (virgin install) and it worked.
I have not tested it on windows yet.

Please remove any existing Redline plugins from your intelliJ or better yet, delete the whole folder and reinstall.
Then follow the instructions in the video. You should also make sure REDLINE_HOME is not set in your
environment.

- James.


On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 12:51 AM, Vitor Cruz <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="wHtpP4qqTC8J">vitor...@...> wrote:

Awesome!

Well, I did just like the video: installed the plugin, created a new project, download and installed Redline, associated the newly created redline sdk and created a message file. First, the file association did not worked, I had to configure it on hand. Then, msg and Transcript were underlined, like Intellij could not understand it, in the video this do not happens. Then I run, and I got the following error message:

 Error running helloWorld: Cannot start process, the working directory E:\Projetos\myFirstSmallTalk\out\production\myFirstSmallTalk does not exist

Can't figure why this is happening. I am using Intellij 12.1.1 and Java 6. I will try with Java 7 later.

[]s,
Vitor


On Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:06:51 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
Please do and please provide feedback.


On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Mark Derricutt <[hidden email]> wrote:
James Ladd wrote:
Currently you can't get the source to it, but you can play with it by following the video.
It mentioned getting from the plugin repo, but ( at least under the new 12.1.2 EAP ) nothing showed up.

Will have to try again when I have some more time to play.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="wHtpP4qqTC8J">redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: IntelliJ Plugin !!

Vitor Medina Cruz
All that you suggested.

On Saturday, April 27, 2013 6:28:08 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
When you say it didn't work - what did you try? A fresh install et ?

Sent from Hyperspace.

On 28/04/2013, at 3:05 AM, Vitor Cruz <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="84rEvXSKlMYJ">vitor...@...> wrote:

Nope, didn't work :(

I am using Intellij Ultimate, windows 7, 64 bits. I will try on Ubuntu later and see what happens.

On Wednesday, April 24, 2013 7:49:27 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
Hi Vitor,

I tested the plugin with a virgin install of IntelliJ on Mac and it worked without issue (following the video instructions).
I tested on Ubuntu as well (virgin install) and it worked.
I have not tested it on windows yet.

Please remove any existing Redline plugins from your intelliJ or better yet, delete the whole folder and reinstall.
Then follow the instructions in the video. You should also make sure REDLINE_HOME is not set in your
environment.

- James.


On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 12:51 AM, Vitor Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:

Awesome!

Well, I did just like the video: installed the plugin, created a new project, download and installed Redline, associated the newly created redline sdk and created a message file. First, the file association did not worked, I had to configure it on hand. Then, msg and Transcript were underlined, like Intellij could not understand it, in the video this do not happens. Then I run, and I got the following error message:

 Error running helloWorld: Cannot start process, the working directory E:\Projetos\myFirstSmallTalk\out\production\myFirstSmallTalk does not exist

Can't figure why this is happening. I am using Intellij 12.1.1 and Java 6. I will try with Java 7 later.

[]s,
Vitor


On Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:06:51 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
Please do and please provide feedback.


On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Mark Derricutt <[hidden email]> wrote:
James Ladd wrote:
Currently you can't get the source to it, but you can play with it by following the video.
It mentioned getting from the plugin repo, but ( at least under the new 12.1.2 EAP ) nothing showed up.

Will have to try again when I have some more time to play.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="84rEvXSKlMYJ">redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: IntelliJ Plugin !!

James Ladd
Tomorrow ill try on windows - can't today (sun)

Sent from Hyperspace.

On 28/04/2013, at 7:49 AM, Vitor Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:

All that you suggested.

On Saturday, April 27, 2013 6:28:08 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
When you say it didn't work - what did you try? A fresh install et ?

Sent from Hyperspace.

On 28/04/2013, at 3:05 AM, Vitor Cruz <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="84rEvXSKlMYJ">vitor...@...> wrote:

Nope, didn't work :(

I am using Intellij Ultimate, windows 7, 64 bits. I will try on Ubuntu later and see what happens.

On Wednesday, April 24, 2013 7:49:27 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
Hi Vitor,

I tested the plugin with a virgin install of IntelliJ on Mac and it worked without issue (following the video instructions).
I tested on Ubuntu as well (virgin install) and it worked.
I have not tested it on windows yet.

Please remove any existing Redline plugins from your intelliJ or better yet, delete the whole folder and reinstall.
Then follow the instructions in the video. You should also make sure REDLINE_HOME is not set in your
environment.

- James.


On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 12:51 AM, Vitor Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:

Awesome!

Well, I did just like the video: installed the plugin, created a new project, download and installed Redline, associated the newly created redline sdk and created a message file. First, the file association did not worked, I had to configure it on hand. Then, msg and Transcript were underlined, like Intellij could not understand it, in the video this do not happens. Then I run, and I got the following error message:

 Error running helloWorld: Cannot start process, the working directory E:\Projetos\myFirstSmallTalk\out\production\myFirstSmallTalk does not exist

Can't figure why this is happening. I am using Intellij 12.1.1 and Java 6. I will try with Java 7 later.

[]s,
Vitor


On Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:06:51 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
Please do and please provide feedback.


On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Mark Derricutt <[hidden email]> wrote:
James Ladd wrote:
Currently you can't get the source to it, but you can play with it by following the video.
It mentioned getting from the plugin repo, but ( at least under the new 12.1.2 EAP ) nothing showed up.

Will have to try again when I have some more time to play.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="84rEvXSKlMYJ">redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: IntelliJ Plugin !!

Vitor Medina Cruz
I tested on Ubuntu and it worked on Intellij 12.1.2 ( couldn't download 12.1.1 due to some problem on jetbrains site), but "Transcript" was still shown underlined, like Intellij was unable to recognize it.

On Saturday, April 27, 2013 7:03:42 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
Tomorrow ill try on windows - can't today (sun)

Sent from Hyperspace.

On 28/04/2013, at 7:49 AM, Vitor Cruz <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="pxoRV3hBnrcJ">vitor...@...> wrote:

All that you suggested.

On Saturday, April 27, 2013 6:28:08 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
When you say it didn't work - what did you try? A fresh install et ?

Sent from Hyperspace.

On 28/04/2013, at 3:05 AM, Vitor Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:

Nope, didn't work :(

I am using Intellij Ultimate, windows 7, 64 bits. I will try on Ubuntu later and see what happens.

On Wednesday, April 24, 2013 7:49:27 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
Hi Vitor,

I tested the plugin with a virgin install of IntelliJ on Mac and it worked without issue (following the video instructions).
I tested on Ubuntu as well (virgin install) and it worked.
I have not tested it on windows yet.

Please remove any existing Redline plugins from your intelliJ or better yet, delete the whole folder and reinstall.
Then follow the instructions in the video. You should also make sure REDLINE_HOME is not set in your
environment.

- James.


On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 12:51 AM, Vitor Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:

Awesome!

Well, I did just like the video: installed the plugin, created a new project, download and installed Redline, associated the newly created redline sdk and created a message file. First, the file association did not worked, I had to configure it on hand. Then, msg and Transcript were underlined, like Intellij could not understand it, in the video this do not happens. Then I run, and I got the following error message:

 Error running helloWorld: Cannot start process, the working directory E:\Projetos\myFirstSmallTalk\out\production\myFirstSmallTalk does not exist

Can't figure why this is happening. I am using Intellij 12.1.1 and Java 6. I will try with Java 7 later.

[]s,
Vitor


On Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:06:51 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
Please do and please provide feedback.


On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Mark Derricutt <[hidden email]> wrote:
James Ladd wrote:
Currently you can't get the source to it, but you can play with it by following the video.
It mentioned getting from the plugin repo, but ( at least under the new 12.1.2 EAP ) nothing showed up.

Will have to try again when I have some more time to play.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="pxoRV3hBnrcJ">redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: IntelliJ Plugin !!

James Ladd
But it worked?
Ill have to check the plugin highliting and how it recognises classes.
I will be concentrating on redline runtim v1.0


Sent from Hyperspace.

On 28/04/2013, at 9:12 AM, Vitor Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:

I tested on Ubuntu and it worked on Intellij 12.1.2 ( couldn't download 12.1.1 due to some problem on jetbrains site), but "Transcript" was still shown underlined, like Intellij was unable to recognize it.

On Saturday, April 27, 2013 7:03:42 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
Tomorrow ill try on windows - can't today (sun)

Sent from Hyperspace.

On 28/04/2013, at 7:49 AM, Vitor Cruz <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="pxoRV3hBnrcJ">vitor...@...> wrote:

All that you suggested.

On Saturday, April 27, 2013 6:28:08 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
When you say it didn't work - what did you try? A fresh install et ?

Sent from Hyperspace.

On 28/04/2013, at 3:05 AM, Vitor Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:

Nope, didn't work :(

I am using Intellij Ultimate, windows 7, 64 bits. I will try on Ubuntu later and see what happens.

On Wednesday, April 24, 2013 7:49:27 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
Hi Vitor,

I tested the plugin with a virgin install of IntelliJ on Mac and it worked without issue (following the video instructions).
I tested on Ubuntu as well (virgin install) and it worked.
I have not tested it on windows yet.

Please remove any existing Redline plugins from your intelliJ or better yet, delete the whole folder and reinstall.
Then follow the instructions in the video. You should also make sure REDLINE_HOME is not set in your
environment.

- James.


On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 12:51 AM, Vitor Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:

Awesome!

Well, I did just like the video: installed the plugin, created a new project, download and installed Redline, associated the newly created redline sdk and created a message file. First, the file association did not worked, I had to configure it on hand. Then, msg and Transcript were underlined, like Intellij could not understand it, in the video this do not happens. Then I run, and I got the following error message:

 Error running helloWorld: Cannot start process, the working directory E:\Projetos\myFirstSmallTalk\out\production\myFirstSmallTalk does not exist

Can't figure why this is happening. I am using Intellij 12.1.1 and Java 6. I will try with Java 7 later.

[]s,
Vitor


On Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:06:51 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
Please do and please provide feedback.


On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Mark Derricutt <[hidden email]> wrote:
James Ladd wrote:
Currently you can't get the source to it, but you can play with it by following the video.
It mentioned getting from the plugin repo, but ( at least under the new 12.1.2 EAP ) nothing showed up.

Will have to try again when I have some more time to play.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="pxoRV3hBnrcJ">redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: IntelliJ Plugin !!

Vitor Medina Cruz
Yes, it worked. :)

On Saturday, April 27, 2013 11:10:37 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
But it worked?
Ill have to check the plugin highliting and how it recognises classes.
I will be concentrating on redline runtim v1.0


Sent from Hyperspace.

On 28/04/2013, at 9:12 AM, Vitor Cruz <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="fpH-gmN6shMJ">vitor...@...> wrote:

I tested on Ubuntu and it worked on Intellij 12.1.2 ( couldn't download 12.1.1 due to some problem on jetbrains site), but "Transcript" was still shown underlined, like Intellij was unable to recognize it.

On Saturday, April 27, 2013 7:03:42 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
Tomorrow ill try on windows - can't today (sun)

Sent from Hyperspace.

On 28/04/2013, at 7:49 AM, Vitor Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:

All that you suggested.

On Saturday, April 27, 2013 6:28:08 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
When you say it didn't work - what did you try? A fresh install et ?

Sent from Hyperspace.

On 28/04/2013, at 3:05 AM, Vitor Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:

Nope, didn't work :(

I am using Intellij Ultimate, windows 7, 64 bits. I will try on Ubuntu later and see what happens.

On Wednesday, April 24, 2013 7:49:27 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
Hi Vitor,

I tested the plugin with a virgin install of IntelliJ on Mac and it worked without issue (following the video instructions).
I tested on Ubuntu as well (virgin install) and it worked.
I have not tested it on windows yet.

Please remove any existing Redline plugins from your intelliJ or better yet, delete the whole folder and reinstall.
Then follow the instructions in the video. You should also make sure REDLINE_HOME is not set in your
environment.

- James.


On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 12:51 AM, Vitor Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:

Awesome!

Well, I did just like the video: installed the plugin, created a new project, download and installed Redline, associated the newly created redline sdk and created a message file. First, the file association did not worked, I had to configure it on hand. Then, msg and Transcript were underlined, like Intellij could not understand it, in the video this do not happens. Then I run, and I got the following error message:

 Error running helloWorld: Cannot start process, the working directory E:\Projetos\myFirstSmallTalk\out\production\myFirstSmallTalk does not exist

Can't figure why this is happening. I am using Intellij 12.1.1 and Java 6. I will try with Java 7 later.

[]s,
Vitor


On Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:06:51 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
Please do and please provide feedback.


On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Mark Derricutt <[hidden email]> wrote:
James Ladd wrote:
Currently you can't get the source to it, but you can play with it by following the video.
It mentioned getting from the plugin repo, but ( at least under the new 12.1.2 EAP ) nothing showed up.

Will have to try again when I have some more time to play.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="fpH-gmN6shMJ">redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: IntelliJ Plugin !!

Vitor Medina Cruz
It appears that it is only on Windows that the plugin isn't working.

On Saturday, April 27, 2013 11:22:34 PM UTC-3, Vitor Cruz wrote:
Yes, it worked. :)

On Saturday, April 27, 2013 11:10:37 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
But it worked?
Ill have to check the plugin highliting and how it recognises classes.
I will be concentrating on redline runtim v1.0


Sent from Hyperspace.

On 28/04/2013, at 9:12 AM, Vitor Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:

I tested on Ubuntu and it worked on Intellij 12.1.2 ( couldn't download 12.1.1 due to some problem on jetbrains site), but "Transcript" was still shown underlined, like Intellij was unable to recognize it.

On Saturday, April 27, 2013 7:03:42 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
Tomorrow ill try on windows - can't today (sun)

Sent from Hyperspace.

On 28/04/2013, at 7:49 AM, Vitor Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:

All that you suggested.

On Saturday, April 27, 2013 6:28:08 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
When you say it didn't work - what did you try? A fresh install et ?

Sent from Hyperspace.

On 28/04/2013, at 3:05 AM, Vitor Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:

Nope, didn't work :(

I am using Intellij Ultimate, windows 7, 64 bits. I will try on Ubuntu later and see what happens.

On Wednesday, April 24, 2013 7:49:27 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
Hi Vitor,

I tested the plugin with a virgin install of IntelliJ on Mac and it worked without issue (following the video instructions).
I tested on Ubuntu as well (virgin install) and it worked.
I have not tested it on windows yet.

Please remove any existing Redline plugins from your intelliJ or better yet, delete the whole folder and reinstall.
Then follow the instructions in the video. You should also make sure REDLINE_HOME is not set in your
environment.

- James.


On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 12:51 AM, Vitor Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:

Awesome!

Well, I did just like the video: installed the plugin, created a new project, download and installed Redline, associated the newly created redline sdk and created a message file. First, the file association did not worked, I had to configure it on hand. Then, msg and Transcript were underlined, like Intellij could not understand it, in the video this do not happens. Then I run, and I got the following error message:

 Error running helloWorld: Cannot start process, the working directory E:\Projetos\myFirstSmallTalk\out\production\myFirstSmallTalk does not exist

Can't figure why this is happening. I am using Intellij 12.1.1 and Java 6. I will try with Java 7 later.

[]s,
Vitor


On Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:06:51 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
Please do and please provide feedback.


On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Mark Derricutt <[hidden email]> wrote:
James Ladd wrote:
Currently you can't get the source to it, but you can play with it by following the video.
It mentioned getting from the plugin repo, but ( at least under the new 12.1.2 EAP ) nothing showed up.

Will have to try again when I have some more time to play.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: IntelliJ Plugin !!

James Ladd
I'm suspecting it is not a plugin issue but an issue w runtime n windows

Sent from Hyperspace.

On 28/04/2013, at 12:27 PM, Vitor Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:

It appears that it is only on Windows that the plugin isn't working.

On Saturday, April 27, 2013 11:22:34 PM UTC-3, Vitor Cruz wrote:
Yes, it worked. :)

On Saturday, April 27, 2013 11:10:37 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
But it worked?
Ill have to check the plugin highliting and how it recognises classes.
I will be concentrating on redline runtim v1.0


Sent from Hyperspace.

On 28/04/2013, at 9:12 AM, Vitor Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:

I tested on Ubuntu and it worked on Intellij 12.1.2 ( couldn't download 12.1.1 due to some problem on jetbrains site), but "Transcript" was still shown underlined, like Intellij was unable to recognize it.

On Saturday, April 27, 2013 7:03:42 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
Tomorrow ill try on windows - can't today (sun)

Sent from Hyperspace.

On 28/04/2013, at 7:49 AM, Vitor Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:

All that you suggested.

On Saturday, April 27, 2013 6:28:08 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
When you say it didn't work - what did you try? A fresh install et ?

Sent from Hyperspace.

On 28/04/2013, at 3:05 AM, Vitor Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:

Nope, didn't work :(

I am using Intellij Ultimate, windows 7, 64 bits. I will try on Ubuntu later and see what happens.

On Wednesday, April 24, 2013 7:49:27 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
Hi Vitor,

I tested the plugin with a virgin install of IntelliJ on Mac and it worked without issue (following the video instructions).
I tested on Ubuntu as well (virgin install) and it worked.
I have not tested it on windows yet.

Please remove any existing Redline plugins from your intelliJ or better yet, delete the whole folder and reinstall.
Then follow the instructions in the video. You should also make sure REDLINE_HOME is not set in your
environment.

- James.


On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 12:51 AM, Vitor Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:

Awesome!

Well, I did just like the video: installed the plugin, created a new project, download and installed Redline, associated the newly created redline sdk and created a message file. First, the file association did not worked, I had to configure it on hand. Then, msg and Transcript were underlined, like Intellij could not understand it, in the video this do not happens. Then I run, and I got the following error message:

 Error running helloWorld: Cannot start process, the working directory E:\Projetos\myFirstSmallTalk\out\production\myFirstSmallTalk does not exist

Can't figure why this is happening. I am using Intellij 12.1.1 and Java 6. I will try with Java 7 later.

[]s,
Vitor


On Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:06:51 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
Please do and please provide feedback.


On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Mark Derricutt <[hidden email]> wrote:
James Ladd wrote:
Currently you can't get the source to it, but you can play with it by following the video.
It mentioned getting from the plugin repo, but ( at least under the new 12.1.2 EAP ) nothing showed up.

Will have to try again when I have some more time to play.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: IntelliJ Plugin !!

Vitor Medina Cruz
Do you want me to make any more tests on windows? if you do let me know.

On Saturday, April 27, 2013 11:38:12 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
I'm suspecting it is not a plugin issue but an issue w runtime n windows

Sent from Hyperspace.

On 28/04/2013, at 12:27 PM, Vitor Cruz <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="nZYUiGc4T_IJ">vitor...@...> wrote:

It appears that it is only on Windows that the plugin isn't working.

On Saturday, April 27, 2013 11:22:34 PM UTC-3, Vitor Cruz wrote:
Yes, it worked. :)

On Saturday, April 27, 2013 11:10:37 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
But it worked?
Ill have to check the plugin highliting and how it recognises classes.
I will be concentrating on redline runtim v1.0


Sent from Hyperspace.

On 28/04/2013, at 9:12 AM, Vitor Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:

I tested on Ubuntu and it worked on Intellij 12.1.2 ( couldn't download 12.1.1 due to some problem on jetbrains site), but "Transcript" was still shown underlined, like Intellij was unable to recognize it.

On Saturday, April 27, 2013 7:03:42 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
Tomorrow ill try on windows - can't today (sun)

Sent from Hyperspace.

On 28/04/2013, at 7:49 AM, Vitor Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:

All that you suggested.

On Saturday, April 27, 2013 6:28:08 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
When you say it didn't work - what did you try? A fresh install et ?

Sent from Hyperspace.

On 28/04/2013, at 3:05 AM, Vitor Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:

Nope, didn't work :(

I am using Intellij Ultimate, windows 7, 64 bits. I will try on Ubuntu later and see what happens.

On Wednesday, April 24, 2013 7:49:27 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
Hi Vitor,

I tested the plugin with a virgin install of IntelliJ on Mac and it worked without issue (following the video instructions).
I tested on Ubuntu as well (virgin install) and it worked.
I have not tested it on windows yet.

Please remove any existing Redline plugins from your intelliJ or better yet, delete the whole folder and reinstall.
Then follow the instructions in the video. You should also make sure REDLINE_HOME is not set in your
environment.

- James.


On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 12:51 AM, Vitor Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:

Awesome!

Well, I did just like the video: installed the plugin, created a new project, download and installed Redline, associated the newly created redline sdk and created a message file. First, the file association did not worked, I had to configure it on hand. Then, msg and Transcript were underlined, like Intellij could not understand it, in the video this do not happens. Then I run, and I got the following error message:

 Error running helloWorld: Cannot start process, the working directory E:\Projetos\myFirstSmallTalk\out\production\myFirstSmallTalk does not exist

Can't figure why this is happening. I am using Intellij 12.1.1 and Java 6. I will try with Java 7 later.

[]s,
Vitor


On Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:06:51 PM UTC-3, jamesl wrote:
Please do and please provide feedback.


On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Mark Derricutt <[hidden email]> wrote:
James Ladd wrote:
Currently you can't get the source to it, but you can play with it by following the video.
It mentioned getting from the plugin repo, but ( at least under the new 12.1.2 EAP ) nothing showed up.

Will have to try again when I have some more time to play.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="nZYUiGc4T_IJ">redline-smallt...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Redline Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 
12
Loading...