Intellisense?

Griff-2
In the editor, after you start typing a message for an object, the
intellisense/code-completion/valid-message list pops up and if you wish
you can choose a message.

Two questions:

1. How do you get the pop to display without starting to type a
message? I just want to see a list of all valid messages.

2. How do you make the intellisense code completion non-case-sensitive?
I want to be able to quickly start typing the message and for example,
type ara and have "asArray" be listed.

Re: Intellisense?

Udo Schneider
Griff wrote:
> 1. How do you get the pop to display without starting to type a
> message? I just want to see a list of all valid messages.
Ctrl+. (Control+Dot) should help.

Regards,

Udo

Re: Intellisense?

Griff-2
Thanks Udo.

Re: Intellisense?

Blair-2
"Griff" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> In the editor, after you start typing a message for an object, the
> intellisense/code-completion/valid-message list pops up and if you wish
> you can choose a message.

> 2. How do you make the intellisense code completion non-case-sensitive?
> I want to be able to quickly start typing the message and for example,
> type ara and have "asArray" be listed.

Sorry for the very late answer, but you can achieve this by toggling the
isAutoCompletionCaseInsensitive flag in the SmalltalkWorkspace options. The
easiest way to get at these is to select the SmalltalkWorkspace class in a
browser and press Ctrl+I (with focus in the class hierarchy tree).

Note that this will only take effect in newly opened browsers/workspaces.

Regards

Blair

Re: Intellisense?

Griff-2