Internacionalizationin Pier

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi folks,

I have a couple of questions about Internacionalization in Pier. I am developing a website and I would love it can have multiple languages (spanish, english, and so on). My "final user" is able to add posts or leave comments for example. So, I see two thinks I should care:

1) Pier comments: can this support multilanguage ? For pier components I refer to the html output of the components. For example, when you add a post, you have: "title", "author", etc...

2) My own page text. I have several pages with text. Which is the best approach to support multilanguage for this ?

Any tip is welcome.

Cheers,

Mariano

Re: Internacionalizationin Pier

Lukas Renggli
I don't quite get what you want? ;-)

Pier and Seaside support multiple languages in a single page, see for
example the comments in this post:
<http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/blog/studenckifestwal>, so the text you
enter can be any language you want.

Pier does not have a user interface adapted to multiple languages. It
is all in english.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 3:46 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
I don't quite get what you want? ;-)

Sorry, it's my english ;)

Pier and Seaside support multiple languages in a single page, see for
example the comments in this post:
<http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/blog/studenckifestwal>, so the text you
enter can be any language you want.

No. I think you didn't understand me. I have a complete Pier site and I would like o change the language. Imagine a country flag where you can click in your flag and this changes all the text of the pages to that language. I imagine how I can do this with seaside, but I don't in Pier since the text is put in the page. How can I changed then ? Having a structure per language ?

Pier does not have a user interface adapted to multiple languages. It
is all in english.

Ok. This was my 1) question :)   Is this planned for a future ?

Thanks for the help,

Mariano

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Internacionalizationin Pier

Lukas Renggli
> No. I think you didn't understand me. I have a complete Pier site and I
> would like o change the language. Imagine a country flag where you can click
> in your flag and this changes all the text of the pages to that language. I
> imagine how I can do this with seaside, but I don't in Pier since the text
> is put in the page. How can I changed then ? Having a structure per language
> ?

Yeah, I suggest to create a different structures for different languages.

>> Pier does not have a user interface adapted to multiple languages. It
>> is all in english.
>
> Ok. This was my 1) question :)   Is this planned for a future ?

It is not planned, but it would certainly be a cool thing to have.
Also in the context of Seaside, not necessarily just for Pier and
Magritte.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 5:35 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> No. I think you didn't understand me. I have a complete Pier site and I
> would like o change the language. Imagine a country flag where you can click
> in your flag and this changes all the text of the pages to that language. I
> imagine how I can do this with seaside, but I don't in Pier since the text
> is put in the page. How can I changed then ? Having a structure per language
> ?

Yeah, I suggest to create a different structures for different languages.

Ok. I will then take a look to see how can I do this. Thanks!

>> Pier does not have a user interface adapted to multiple languages. It
>> is all in english.
>
> Ok. This was my 1) question :)   Is this planned for a future ?

It is not planned, but it would certainly be a cool thing to have.
Also in the context of Seaside, not necessarily just for Pier and
Magritte.

Yes. However, I think it is more important for Pier. All of us (who work as programmer or similar) know English. But, the final user of the application, may not. In my case, and I imagine it could be something common, the final user of my app has access to the Pier UI. For example to post, leave comments, and so on. But, the final user won't have access to Seaside or Magritte UI.

Cheers,

Mariano

Lukas

--