Internal Links

Simon Denier
Hi

Just wondering how Pier deals with internal links in a document, looks pretty obscure to me.

The straight way would go for *An anchor>#anchor* but it doesnt work. Instead I get a structure creation link.

Then there is a brief note about a '@-' syntax in the FAQ
http://www.piercms.com/doc/faq?_s=0yEtAEezi_Bi-svF&_k=dJKceJ4N&_n&26#183366425

I try different thing, like  *An anchor>@anchor*,  *An anchor>@-anchor*,  *An anchor>.@anchor*
but well, no magic works and this is definitely not intuitive.

--
Simon

Re: Internal Links

Lukas Renggli
> Just wondering how Pier deals with internal links in a document, looks
> pretty obscure to me.

The syntax is backward compatible with SWiki.

> The straight way would go for *An anchor>#anchor* but it doesnt work.
> Instead I get a structure creation link.

Thanks for reporting. This was broken and is fixed in:

Name: Pier-Seaside-lr.321
Author: lr
Time: 2 December 2008, 6:31:42 pm
UUID: 7d3f5f83-7508-480e-9e62-4f747e89ed68
Ancestors: Pier-Seaside-lr.320

- fixes the missing fragment

> I try different thing, like  *An anchor>@anchor*,  *An anchor>@-anchor*,
>  *An anchor>.@anchor*
> but well, no magic works and this is definitely not intuitive.

The "@" is used to define anchors within the document to jump to. The
same character is used to define the jump target within anchors.

Paths can be absolute (starting with "/") or relative (everything
else). ".." represents the parent, "." represents the receiver itself.
This is exactly like on Unix or even Windows.

So the following document works for me:

@top

[lots of lines of text]

*goes to the top>@top*
*goes there as well>.@top*

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Internal Links

Simon Denier

On 2 déc. 08, at 18:34, Lukas Renggli wrote:

>> Just wondering how Pier deals with internal links in a document,
>> looks
>> pretty obscure to me.
>
> The syntax is backward compatible with SWiki.

mmm, ok, but it should be said somewhere :) (and I've never used swiki)

>> I try different thing, like  *An anchor>@anchor*,  *An anchor>@-
>> anchor*,
>> *An anchor>.@anchor*
>> but well, no magic works and this is definitely not intuitive.
>
> The "@" is used to define anchors within the document to jump to. The
> same character is used to define the jump target within anchors.
>
> Paths can be absolute (starting with "/") or relative (everything
> else). ".." represents the parent, "." represents the receiver itself.
> This is exactly like on Unix or even Windows.
>
> So the following document works for me:
>
> @top
>
> [lots of lines of text]
>
> *goes to the top>@top*
> *goes there as well>.@top*

Actually it doesnt work out of the box. When I update all packages
with Monticello, then it works. I didn't take time to track which
update did the correction though.

--
Simon