Inti Profiler + LibCairo ExternalMethod not found

Inti Profiler + LibCairo ExternalMethod not found

Bob Nemec
I'm trying to use Inti Profiler but I can't get the Cario Graphics to work.
At first I could not get libcairo-2.dll to load.

    CairoGraphics.LibCairo libraryDirectories: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Cincom\vw7.10.1\bin\win'

...now fails with 'External Object Not Found' when loading...

ExternalMethod CairoGraphics.LibCairo class>>cairo_matrix_transform_point:with:with:

I've tested this on VW 7.10.1 from a new image, loading the latest Roassal2 (which works fine) and the latest RProfiler  (1.2.1.10), selecting the most recent versions for prompt prereqs, so I end up with CairoGraphics  (7.9 - 12 + mesh play 7).

Is there some version mix or load sequence that works?

Thanks for any help,
Bob Nemec
HTS

Bob Nemec

Re: Inti Profiler + LibCairo ExternalMethod not found

Holger Kleinsorgen
Hi Bob,

VW 7.10.1 already includes all necessary 32 bit Cairo DLLs. You'll need to choose CairoGraphics-Windows when installing Win32. They are installed to .\bin\win

When you want to use other Cairo DLLs (e.g. 64 bit builds), you'll need to copy all dependencies as well. The Dependency Walker tool (http://www.dependencywalker.com/) tells you which other DLLs are required.

The package "7.9 - 12 + mesh play 7" is too old. Load the CairoGraphics parcel first (which has version "7.10.1 - 1").

Bob Nemec wrote
I'm trying to use Inti Profiler but I can't get the Cario Graphics to work.
At first I could not get libcairo-2.dll to load.

    CairoGraphics.LibCairo libraryDirectories: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Cincom\vw7.10.1\bin\win'

...now fails with 'External Object Not Found' when loading...

ExternalMethod CairoGraphics.LibCairo class>>cairo_matrix_transform_point:with:with:

I've tested this on VW 7.10.1 from a new image, loading the latest Roassal2 (which works fine) and the latest RProfiler  (1.2.1.10), selecting the most recent versions for prompt prereqs, so I end up with CairoGraphics  (7.9 - 12 + mesh play 7).

Re: Inti Profiler + LibCairo ExternalMethod not found

Kooyman, Les

Did you have problems with the versions of the Cairo DLLs distributed with VisualWorks?

Les

Re: Inti Profiler + LibCairo ExternalMethod not found

akevalion
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Inti Profiler + LibCairo ExternalMethod not found

Bob Nemec
Thanks...
A fresh VW install with Cario Graphics selected, and the CairoGraphics package loaded, using Roassal 1, worked fine.

Bob Nemec
HTS

On Wednesday, November 19, 2014 11:28 AM, milton mamani <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Bob,

Inti Profiler is based Roassal1. To load Cairo with Roassal1 the process is more manuality, instead of do that, try to load Roassal2-full.

A future work is migrate Inti Profiler and all the projects of VisualWorks based in Roassal1 to Roassal2

Cheers,
Milton

Bob Nemec