Introduction GSoC 2019

Nina Medic
Hello,
I am Nina, and I am a student from Serbia. Currently I am on the second year, of my master studies in Computer science. I have been working with Pharo for more than a year now. As a project in one of my classes, I was implementing a program that parses graphs and makes a visualization of them. Last semester I followed MOOC for Pharo.

A couple of days ago, I was fortunate enough to be accepted for this year Google Summer of Code. The project I will be working on is called Graph library with layouting algorithm. What I will do is implement the graph structure with all necessary parts in one separate library. Beside that I will include layouthing algorithms. Some of which are already implemented as a part of some other projects and packages, those I will pull out. For the other ones, I will be using doctoral dissertation from Vaderna Renata titled Algorithms and a language for the support of automatically laying out diagram elements. You can find my proposal here:
 I would like to know, what are you thinking about this project. How important is for the community?

One of fellow students from GSoC (we are both working for Pharo consortium) and I are considering using the same blog. What do you think about that? I will be also posting about my progress on Twitter: https://twitter.com/medicka992 which will make it easy for everybody to follow my work.

I am looking forward to working on this project and with all of you.

Sincerely,
Nina.

Re: Introduction GSoC 2019

Nina Medic
For those interested in reading about progress on my project and some topics connected to it, here is a link:
As I mentioned before, Smiljana and I, are posting to the same blog, therefore each post is tagged with the writer`s name.

On Sat, 11 May 2019 at 12:17, Nina Medic <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Sincerely,
Nina.

Re: Introduction GSoC 2019

hernanmd
Hi Nina,

This is very important for the community.
If you want to check graph layouting applied to cancer research this is a good project to grab ideas from: http://bioinfo-out.curie.fr/projects/dedal/#downloads

And you can browse Cytoscape apps for more : http://apps.cytoscape.org/

Cheers,

Hernán