Invoice management

dario trussardi
Ciao,

        I hope this email and relative question does not create problems to the list.

        A dear friend asked me if I was able to handle the invoice management:

                1 ) create the document with some items

                2)  print and save the document

                3) have the possibility to make some queries on the documents

        Someone realized something in this direction  based on Smalltalk ( Pharo ) ?

        A base development with possibly to customize......

        Thanks for any considerations.

                Dario

Re: Invoice management

kilon.alios
Pharo-Dev is for the development of Pharo, Pharo-Users is for user questions like this.

I have not done what you are asking but if I was interested into doing what you want to do for GUI I would use Morphic, for database SQlite cause its light and powerful and for queries well also SQlite , save is something that can be done with the image

Printing is a tricky one, probably the easiest way is to use pillar to generate a html with page to be printed. You can use mustache that comes with pillar to use html templates (you can find a ton of html templates online to choose from) to generate beautiful pages for printing and then you can open the html to a web browser since every OS comes with one and then the user can just either view the final page or of course choose to print it.

Web browser can be triggered opening the file from pharo , either with OSCommand, or some libraries that do exactly that. I think I saw one in the Package Browser.

I can help you with morphic, pillar, mustache, html and OSCommand but I am not experienced with SQLite, though it would not hurt me taking a look at it, I was meaning to give it a try since its extremely popular with python coders. But I cant write the code for you because already my hands are full with my own projects.

As always the GUI is the most challanging depending what you want to do and how far you can go with this. Spec also is a popular choice but again I am not familiar with it because I prefer making custom guis than generic ones. Html also can be used as GUI via Seaside, again not something I am familiar with.

Possible ? yes

Easy ? more or less

Already available ? Well there are plenty of success of stories in pharo website doing similar things but all of them are web apps.

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 7:49 PM Trussardi Dario Romano <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ciao,

        I hope this email and relative question does not create problems to the list.

        A dear friend asked me if I was able to handle the invoice management:

                1 ) create the document with some items

                2)  print and save the document

                3) have the possibility to make some queries on the documents

        Someone realized something in this direction  based on Smalltalk ( Pharo ) ?

        A base development with possibly to customize......

        Thanks for any considerations.

                Dario

Re: Invoice management

stepharo
Hi

I started to build silly bills using Artefact (and I should finish).

I saw that I should add more components to Artefact and it is on my todo.

Doing so I discover that there is a super cool library for date printing
in Zn.

Stef

Le 11/11/16 à 18:48, Trussardi Dario Romano a écrit :

> Ciao,
>
> I hope this email and relative question does not create problems to the list.
>
> A dear friend asked me if I was able to handle the invoice management:
>
> 1 ) create the document with some items
>
> 2)  print and save the document
>
> 3) have the possibility to make some queries on the documents
>
> Someone realized something in this direction  based on Smalltalk ( Pharo ) ?
>
> A base development with possibly to customize......
>

> Thanks for any considerations.
>

> Dario

R: Invoice management

Lorenzo
Hi Dario,

maybe you remember I have developed in VSE ST a full package (MIDA) for
company management (bookkeeping, stock management, invoicing...).
I am sure you can find what you are looking for and I believe it will not be
very hard to port what you need to Pharo.

Lorenzo

Re: Invoice management

Paul DeBruicker

SmallPOS may have invoice management.  It is a point-of-sale system.  But I haven't used it.

dario trussardi wrote