Irritating mis-behaviour of comment pane in CHB

Irritating mis-behaviour of comment pane in CHB

Chris Uppal-3
I've only just realised that D4 doesn't do this.

In the CHB, saving a comment throws away any terminating newlines.

This is under W2k sp2 with:
    riched20.dll -> 5.30.23.1205
    riched32.dll -> 5.0.2134.1

    -- chris

Re: Irritating mis-behaviour of comment pane in CHB

Blair McGlashan
"Chris Uppal" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> I've only just realised that D4 doesn't do this.
>
> In the CHB, saving a comment throws away any terminating newlines.

That problem is not reproduceable on either of my Win2k machines.

> This is under W2k sp2 with:
>     riched20.dll -> 5.30.23.1205
>     riched32.dll -> 5.0.2134.1

The class comment pane is actually a MultilineTextEdit (which can be
confirmed quickly with the Visual Object Finder), so in this case we can't
blame the vagaries of the RichEdit control :-)

Regards

Blair

Re: Irritating mis-behaviour of comment pane in CHB

Chris Uppal-3
Blair,

> > In the CHB, saving a comment throws away any terminating newlines.
> That problem is not reproduceable on either of my Win2k machines.

It looks as if I have a trashed image.  The problem has suddenly stopped
reproducing for me too, now (though it's been driving me mad for days), but
instead anything evaluateIt-ed from within the comment pane, is just
deleted!  That didn't happen yesterday, and doesn't reproduce in a clean
image.

I'll let you know if the problem reappears after I've rebuilt the image, but
I'm hopeful that it won't.

> Blair

    -- chris