Is IRC channel crashed?

gerard alis
Excuse me for my english.

Perhaps that is not the place for that comment, but I don´t know where do that question. I´m cannot write text in the IRC channel, appears an error, saying  "You cannot send in that room". That error not is throwned in another channel, only in Squeak.

Thanks for the help. Regards

Re: Is IRC channel crashed?

radoslav hodnicak

You have to register your nick with freenode (type /msg nickserv help) to
be able to talk on the channel

Regards, rado

On Thu, 18 Feb 2010, nullPointer wrote:

> Excuse me for my english.
>
> Perhaps that is not the place for that comment, but I don´t know where do
> that question. I´m cannot write text in the IRC channel, appears an error,
> saying  "You cannot send in that room". That error not is throwned in
> another channel, only in Squeak.
>
> Thanks for the help. Regards

Re: Is IRC channel crashed?

Randal L. Schwartz

Gerard> my nick is registered :|  well, I will still trying. Thanks.

Are you, or are you not, the same guy who keeps coming in repeatedly asking
"when will the Squeak 'World of Warcraft' clone be finished?", or some slight
variation of that?

If you're the same guy, you *know* why you were devoiced, and now you're just
trying to stir up trouble elsewhere.

The answer to your question does not change hour-by-hour.  Nor has it changed
from many months ago when you thought it cute to start asking it.

If nothing else, repeatedly trying to get around a short-term devoicing only
earns you a longer devoicing.  This is typical IRC management tactics.

If you actually aren't the same guy, none of this applies to you.  But I'd bet
the rent money that you and I already know each other here, and that I'm on
the mark.

See http://methodsandmessages.vox.com/ for Smalltalk and Seaside discussion

Re: Is IRC channel crashed?

Randal L. Schwartz

Randal> Are you, or are you not, the same guy who keeps coming in repeatedly
Randal> asking "when will the Squeak 'World of Warcraft' clone be finished?",
Randal> or some slight variation of that?

And... you aren't.  Sorry, I misunderstood the chanops in #squeak.

My humblest apologies.

See http://methodsandmessages.vox.com/ for Smalltalk and Seaside discussion

Re: Is IRC channel crashed?

Ken Causey-3
I can't find any reason for this.  After the recent server migration and
related perhaps to some serious spam problems we were having at the time
the channel was reinstated with a 'quiet mode' that did require you to
be registered.  But some time ago when I realized what was going on I
disabled that and I've checked and I can see no reason you can't speak.

The only possibility I can find is that if you have not actually joined
the channel, you can't send messages to the channel.  This is standard
anti-spam stuff and is true for most channels as far as I'm aware.  Be
sure you have actually joined the channel.  Again, to repeat, we do not
require you to be registered to speak, at least not intentionally.

Ken

On Thu, 2010-02-18 at 22:02 +0100, Gerard N. A. wrote:

> my nick is registered :|  well, I will still trying. Thanks.
>
> 2010/2/18 radoslav hodnicak <[hidden email]>
>
>         You have to register your nick with freenode (type /msg
>         nickserv help) to be able to talk on the channel
>
>         Regards, rado
>
>         On Thu, 18 Feb 2010, nullPointer wrote:
>

>                 Excuse me for my english.
>
>                 Perhaps that is not the place for that comment, but I
>                 don´t know where do
>                 that question. I´m cannot write text in the IRC
>                 channel, appears an error,
>                 saying  "You cannot send in that room". That error not
>                 is throwned in
>                 another channel, only in Squeak.
>
>                 Thanks for the help. Regards
>                 --
>                 Nabble.com.

Re: Is IRC channel crashed?

Ken Causey-3
Again, to be sure everyone has seen it: While this was true for a few
days or a week or so, it was not intentional and to my knowledge has not
been true for a couple of weeks since and for the time being at least we
don't require you to register.

Ken