Is anyone successfully running VW7.10 on Solaris 11?

Is anyone successfully running VW7.10 on Solaris 11?

Martin McClure-5
I haven't been able to get it to work:

VisualWorks(R) 7.10 Jul  9 2013
src/plat/unxUtil.c:1199
Fatal error: no way to set async: Error 0

Is it my machine's configuration, or does this fail for everyone?

Thanks,

-Martin

Re: Is anyone successfully running VW7.10 on Solaris 11?

Martin McClure-5
On 04/29/2014 03:48 PM, Martin McClure wrote:
> I haven't been able to get it to work:
>
> VisualWorks(R) 7.10 Jul  9 2013
> src/plat/unxUtil.c:1199
> Fatal error: no way to set async: Error 0
>

> Is it my machine's configuration, or does this fail for everyone?

In case anyone was wondering: it fails for everyone. A little code
reading and Googling leads me to the conclusion that VW 7.10 simply
cannot run on Solaris 11, although the Cincom website claims that
platform is supported.

Regards,

-Martin