Is athens configuration loading?

Stéphane Ducasse
Can we play with it :)?

Re: Is athens configuration loading?

Igor Stasenko
On 29 February 2012 22:03, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Can we play with it :)?

Yes, configuration seems to be working after some last-minute fixes.

I now do some cleanup in AthensSurfaceExamples
to make sure they using right class.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

On 29 February 2012 22:41, Igor Stasenko <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 29 February 2012 22:03, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Can we play with it :)?
>>

> Yes, configuration seems to be working after some last-minute fixes.
>
> I now do some cleanup in AthensSurfaceExamples
> to make sure they using right class.

There are some more issues,
like undeclared CairoPNGSurface in
AthensCairoSurface>>#drawImage:.

Fernando, have any idea? I never seen this class before.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Re: Is athens configuration loading?

Excellent!
Make our eyes blinking of pleasure :)

On Feb 29, 2012, at 9:41 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> On 29 February 2012 22:03, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Can we play with it :)?
>>

> Yes, configuration seems to be working after some last-minute fixes.
>
> I now do some cleanup in AthensSurfaceExamples
> to make sure they using right class.
>
>> Stef
>

> --
> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko.

Re: Is athens configuration loading?

I remember fernando published some changes related to Cairo.
But it would be good that we improve.

Stef

On 29 February 2012 22:58, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Excellent!
> Make our eyes blinking of pleasure :)

okay, i added version 0.1.1
with cleaned examples.

So, you can use
AthensBalloonSurfaceExamples example...

to check.
I will iterate over AthensCairoSurfaceExamples
tomorrow, since i under windoze now, and cairo is not yet there :)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

On 29 February 2012 23:20, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I remember fernando published some changes related to Cairo.
> But it would be good that we improve.

Yes, Fernando, i need to review the code.
And i would require your code , which is working using athens, so if i
will break something i will know.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Re: Is athens configuration loading?

>> Excellent!
>> Make our eyes blinking of pleasure :)
>>

> okay, i added version 0.1.1

call it 0.2 :)

> with cleaned examples.
>
> So, you can use
> AthensBalloonSurfaceExamples example...
>
> to check.
> I will iterate over AthensCairoSurfaceExamples
> tomorrow, since i under windoze now, and cairo is not yet there :)

OK :)
But let us kick this out of the door
We can sit and you show me what we should rewrite and we do it and DONE!

On 1 March 2012 00:25, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> Excellent!
>>> Make our eyes blinking of pleasure :)
>>>

>> okay, i added version 0.1.1
>
> call it 0.2 :)

i reserve that number for more dramatic changes :)

>> with cleaned examples.
>>
>> So, you can use
>> AthensBalloonSurfaceExamples example...
>>
>> to check.
>> I will iterate over AthensCairoSurfaceExamples
>> tomorrow, since i under windoze now, and cairo is not yet there :)
>
> OK :)
> But let us kick this out of the door
> We can sit and you show me what we should rewrite and we do it and DONE!

Currently, we're only sratching the surface.
But you're right with 'release soon, release often'

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Re: Is athens configuration loading?

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Great news. Just a couple of questions:
- Where is the configuration?
- What else do I need to install on Mac or on Windows?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Problem solving efficiency grows with the abstractness level of problem understanding."

On 1 March 2012 08:42, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Great news. Just a couple of questions:
> - Where is the configuration?
> - What else do I need to install on Mac or on Windows?

A config residing in same place as rest of it: SqS/Athens.

There are two different backends now:
 - balloon
 - cairo

to use balloon surfaces (see subclasses of AthensSurface)
you can use any VM, because implementation is based on what is available from VM

to use cairo surfaces, which using cairo library, first you need VM
with NativeBoost (go to jenkins and dl VM from there),
and second you need the library itself, which on macs should be built
using ports

port install cairo +universal
(it is important to use +universal, since VM is 32bit, and if you omit
this option, by default it will build everything with 64bits only).

I had no time to check how to get cairo library on other platforms,
but AFAIK, it should be much simpler to macs, since
you can just download binaries from the project site.

Then the only thing you need to change is to modify
#nbLibraryNameOrHandle method in TCairoLibrary to point to right
location of the library.
But i didn't tried to use it on something else than macs,(that's why
version number is 0.1 ;)
so you might try, but there's no guarantees that it will work.

I would like to describe athens in more detail, like what is working,
and what to expect,
and what is general design behind it, but i will do it separately and
most probably put it as a post on my blog (yeah, i have one, which i
haven't used for 2 years i think ;).

Igor Stasenko.

Re: Is athens configuration loading?

Igor Stasenko
Oh.. sorry. forgot to mention one important detail:
BIG thanks to Fernando Olivero for help with putting flesh on Cairo backend.

Fernando was the first who had chance to taste Athens, and was brave
enough to base his own
project on not-yet complete and not stabilized API of Athens.
But i think he can say by own why he decided to do so.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.