Is immutability on Pharo's roadmap?

sebastianconcept@gmail.co
Sorry for the naive question but I’m seeing an avalanche of interest in functional programming and many there uses immutability as foundation. So I wonder what’s our position on that way of working?

Does Pharo have immutability in its roadmap at any point?

Do you find it valuable?

Re: Is immutability on Pharo's roadmap?

Paul DeBruicker
did you see this thread a while back:

http://forum.world.st/Should-literals-be-immutable-td4786938.html

sebastian@flowingconcept.com wrote
Sorry for the naive question but I’m seeing an avalanche of interest in functional programming and many there uses immutability as foundation. So I wonder what’s our position on that way of working?

Does Pharo have immutability in its roadmap at any point?

Do you find it valuable?

Re: Is immutability on Pharo's roadmap?

Ben Coman
And this one...

So the answer your questions it seems is: beneficial, yes & yes.

On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 4:22 PM, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:
did you see this thread a while back:

http://forum.world.st/Should-literals-be-immutable-td4786938.html

[hidden email] wrote
> Sorry for the naive question but I’m seeing an avalanche of interest in
> functional programming and many there uses immutability as foundation. So
> I wonder what’s our position on that way of working?
>
> Does Pharo have immutability in its roadmap at any point?
>
> Do you find it valuable?

Re: Is immutability on Pharo's roadmap?

sebastianconcept@gmail.co
great! thanks for the update