Is it possible to remove all the spam messages from this forum?

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Is it possible to remove all the spam messages from this forum?

Richard Sargent
Administrator
40% of the messages on this forum (based on looking at the first page of the mailing list in a browser) are spam. Is there any capability in the forum software to delete this rubbish?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Is it possible to remove all the spam messages from this forum?

Marcus Denker-4

On 23 Jan 2015, at 19:13, Richard Sargent <[hidden email]> wrote:

40% of the messages on this forum (based on looking at the first page of the
mailing list in a browser) are spam. Is there any capability in the forum
software to delete this rubbish?

the spam is definitely not coming via the mailing list… this seems to be a nabble problem.

I will check if I can do anything

Marcus

Reply | Threaded
|

Geert Claes
Administrator
In reply to this post by Richard Sargent
Hi Richard, I just went through the ESUG forum and banned a number of spam users and deleted their posts.  Nabble does occasionally have some spam but the ESUG forum had indeed a large number of spam posts.

I must admit that I don't check the forums as often as I used to to keep the forums clean.  The forums have (besides myself) 2 other admins who can ban spammers: Sean DeNigris and Aik-Siong Koh. Maybe someone else wants to step up and assist in banning spammers?
Reply | Threaded
|

Richard Sargent
Administrator
Geert Claes wrote
Hi Richard, I just went through the ESUG forum and banned a number of spam users and deleted their posts.  Nabble does occasionally have some spam but the ESUG forum had indeed a large number of spam posts.
Thanks! That's much appreciated.

I must admit that I don't check the forums as often as I used to to keep the forums clean.  The forums have (besides myself) 2 other admins who can ban spammers: Sean DeNigris and Aik-Siong Koh. Maybe someone else wants to step up and assist in banning spammers?
I can't say I would *like* to do this. But I will admit I would derive a certain *satisfaction* from doing this. The forum is my primary way of staying current. If you want me to step up, please send me whatever instructions there may be for these tasks.