Is new #maximumAbsoluteAge optional?

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi,

I understand the reason behind #maximumRelativeAge as I read it here [1]. However, if I understand correctly, it can happen at any request that my session is kicked out. That request could have been in the middle of an important work etc... So...let's say I want to disable thisĀ #maximumAbsoluteAge, how can I do it? remove the key? set a nil?

BTW, is there another workaround to solve my main concern?

Thanks in advance,

Re: Is new #maximumAbsoluteAge optional?

Philippe Marschall
On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 9:18 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I understand the reason behind #maximumRelativeAge as I read it here [1].
> However, if I understand correctly, it can happen at any request that my
> session is kicked out. That request could have been in the middle of an
> important work etc... So...let's say I want to disable this
> #maximumAbsoluteAge, how can I do it? remove the key? set a nil?

From the class comment of WAExpiringCache:

maximumAbsoluteAge:
After so many seconds after its creation a session is considered
expired no matter when it was last accessed. 0 for no limit. Has to be
positive.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: Is new #maximumAbsoluteAge optional?

Mariano Martinez Peck
Thanks!! I always forgot to check class comments hahaha. I deserve a RTFM....

Thanks Philippe.

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I understand the reason behind #maximumRelativeAge as I read it here [1].
> However, if I understand correctly, it can happen at any request that my
> session is kicked out. That request could have been in the middle of an
> important work etc... So...let's say I want to disable this
> #maximumAbsoluteAge, how can I do it? remove the key? set a nil?

From the class comment of WAExpiringCache: