Is the Pier One-Click Sample Webpage Included in Pier 2.0?

Is the Pier One-Click Sample Webpage Included in Pier 2.0?

bprior
I have the latest Pier One-Click working well with no problems. But I
wanted to upload a Pier image to SeasideHosting and I assumed the
One-Click version wouldn't work there. So I obtained a new Pharo1.3
image and loaded the latest configurations of Seaside, Magritte and Pier
into it. When I stared Comanche, Seaside came up up OK in my browser and
Magritte was included in the Applications list but not Pier.

I tried PRPierFrame registerAsApplication: 'pier' kernel:(PRKernel
instanceNamed: 'pier') and it does add a pier application to the Seaside
application list but it appears to be an older version of Pier without
the enhancements of the sample Pier page in the One-Click Pier.

Is the Pier One-Click sample webpage included in Pier2.0? If so, can
someone please advise how best to register Pier as an application in
Seaside so that it comes up the same as in One-Click Pier?

Re: Is the Pier One-Click Sample Webpage Included in Pier 2.0?

Lukas Renggli
The package Pier-Setup contains some classes that provide the setup in
the One-Click images. Have a look at the build scripts to see how to
use them:

   https://github.com/renggli/builder/blob/master/scripts/pier2.st#L32

Lukas

On 24 October 2011 18:37, Bruce Prior <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have the latest Pier One-Click working well with no problems. But I wanted
> to upload a Pier image to SeasideHosting and I assumed the One-Click version
> wouldn't work there. So I obtained a new Pharo1.3 image and loaded the
> latest configurations of Seaside, Magritte and Pier into it. When I stared
> Comanche, Seaside came up up OK in my browser and Magritte was included in
> the Applications list but not Pier.
>
> I tried PRPierFrame registerAsApplication: 'pier' kernel:(PRKernel
> instanceNamed: 'pier') and it does add a pier application to the Seaside
> application list but it appears to be an older version of Pier without the
> enhancements of the sample Pier page in the One-Click Pier.
>
> Is the Pier One-Click sample webpage included in Pier2.0? If so, can someone
> please advise how best to register Pier as an application in Seaside so that
> it comes up the same as in One-Click Pier?

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Is the Pier One-Click Sample Webpage Included in Pier 2.0?

Dale Henrichs
Bruce,

The Pier-Setup package is managed in the ConfigurationOfPierAddOns2. Pier-Setup is in the default group  in ConfigurationOfPierAddOns2 (only thing in that group), so a plain:

  (ConfigurationOfPierAddOns2 load

will get you Pier-Setup plus it's dependent addOns (of which there are several)..

Dale