Is the debugger known to be unstable on recent Pharo 7?

Is the debugger known to be unstable on recent Pharo 7?

Tim Mackinnon

Hi, I’m doing some travelling and had a stretch on a plane with Pharo 7 - 64bit b166, and was trying out some changes to Calypso to plug in some potential keyboard extensions.

Anyway, in figuring stuff out I noticed the debugger had a number of issues - which I can try to investigate more but wanted to say something before ploughing on.

When I hit a method invoked from the keyboard which has self halt (not a soft breakpoint, as I was changing code and didn’t want to keep losing the breakpoint) - when I made a change and hit save I get an extra empty predebug window ? The older debug window also has a my single method but no stack and is not debuggable. The upshot is that I have to start debugging all over again?

I also noticed that when I hit an error and got a debugger and then fixed the error, resumed but then hit another - the title of the window was still the old error msg and not the new one (so quite confusing).

Has there been recent work done in the debugger that might explain these?

Tim

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Is the debugger known to be unstable on recent Pharo 7?

Tim Mackinnon
I forgot to give the exact image number - it was build 1167 from around 13/Aug.

Sent from my iPhone