Is the licence discussion over?

Bruce Badger
Hi all,

I've not seen any further discussion on the license issue.  Is it over?

Thanks,
   Bruce
http://www.openskills.org/

Re: Is the licence discussion over?

Janko Mivšek
Hi Bruce,

Bruce Badger wrote:

> I've not seen any further discussion on the license issue.  Is it over?

Not at all. Proposal to relicense to MIT still stands and as most
contributors are for, I'd really like to come to the finally decision as
soon as possible. Squeak community is also waiting for us.

Best regards
Janko

2008/5/23 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]>:
> Not at all. Proposal to relicense to MIT still stands and as most
> contributors are for, I'd really like to come to the finally decision as
> soon as possible. Squeak community is also waiting for us.

I thought the list of contributors was one of the things we didn't
have yet.  I asked about this before.  I put up a list from what I saw
in Store, but I don't know if this is complete.

All the best,
    Bruce
http://www.openskills.org/

Bruce Badger wrote:
> 2008/5/23 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]>:
>> Not at all. Proposal to relicense to MIT still stands and as most
>> contributors are for, I'd really like to come to the finally decision as
>> soon as possible. Squeak community is also waiting for us.
>
> I thought the list of contributors was one of the things we didn't
> have yet.  I asked about this before.  I put up a list from what I saw
> in Store, but I don't know if this is complete.

The list of contributors is one part of the task and we need to look at
other dialects (like Dolphin as first one) too. But this can be done
separately from the main task, that is deciding on the license. So let
we continue with the discussion of the relicensing proposal while in the
meantime we'll collect then names of all contributors.

Best regards
Janko

Re: Is the licence discussion over?

Bruce Badger
2008/5/23 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]>:
> The list of contributors is one part of the task and we need to look at
> other dialects (like Dolphin as first one) too. But this can be done
> separately from the main task

But the discussion needs to be held *with* these people and thus the
first task is it find out who the contributors are.

How can it be any other way?

http://www.openskills.org/