Is the plugin JoystickTabletPlugin of the CogVM package working?

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Is the plugin JoystickTabletPlugin of the CogVM package working?

Carla F. Griggio
Hello! 
Does anybody know if the JoystickTabletPlugin is actually working for Pharo? I'm trying to use it with CogVM with no success :( I see in InputEventHandler that there is support for pen tablets using this plugin but I can't manage to make it work. As it comes in the CogVM package I assume that somebody put it there because it works, but I keep getting "PrimitiveFailed" error messages wether I have a tablet connected or not.

The external plugins of the CogVM are supposed to work without me doing anything? Just executing the VM? Or do I have to activate them somehow? 

Sorry for keep bothering with this :$ And thanks!

Carla.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Is the plugin JoystickTabletPlugin of the CogVM package working?

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi Carla,

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 7:15 AM, Carla F. Griggio <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello! 
Does anybody know if the JoystickTabletPlugin is actually working for Pharo? I'm trying to use it with CogVM with no success :( I see in InputEventHandler that there is support for pen tablets using this plugin but I can't manage to make it work. As it comes in the CogVM package I assume that somebody put it there because it works, but I keep getting "PrimitiveFailed" error messages wether I have a tablet connected or not.

The external plugins of the CogVM are supposed to work without me doing anything? Just executing the VM? Or do I have to activate them somehow? 

the Qwaq VM, which became the Cog fork disabled the joystick plugin.  We can try and ressurect it but I'm not sure what is involved.  What platform are you on?

--
best,
Eliot

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Is the plugin JoystickTabletPlugin of the CogVM package working?

Carla F. Griggio
Hi Eliot!
I'm using MacOsX Mountain Lion (10.8.2) . I also tried it in Lion (10.7.5). I used Pharo 2.0 (and also Pharo 1.4) with the latest Cog from ci.pharo-project.org

El 14/12/2012, a las 23:52, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> escribió:

Hi Carla,

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 7:15 AM, Carla F. Griggio <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello! 

the Qwaq VM, which became the Cog fork disabled the joystick plugin.  We can try and ressurect it but I'm not sure what is involved.  What platform are you on?

--
best,
Eliot