Is there a Pharo 1.2.x Seaside one click image?

Is there a Pharo 1.2.x Seaside one click image?

Tim Mackinnon
Hi Guys - is there a One-Click image for Seaside that uses Pharo 1.2.x ?

I recently had some friends get interested in Smalltalk and there is nothing more satisfying than quickly building a little web app using our favourite environment (particularly with a 1 click image) - and I also find that the new look of Pharo 1.2 is more pleasing to the eyes of Eclipse/C# folks. And there is also the great book as well...

However I haven't noticed a 1.2 one-click image or any discussion on this? If there was some energy to build one - I would love to point some people to it!

Tim_______________________________________________
seaside mailing list

Re: Is there a Pharo 1.2.x Seaside one click image?

Lukas Renggli
Hi Tim,

The latest builds on jenkins.lukas-renggli.ch are based on Pharo
1.2.1. There is also a one-click image to download.

Lukas

On Tuesday, 19 April 2011, Tim Mackinnon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Guys - is there a One-Click image for Seaside that uses Pharo 1.2.x ?
>
> I recently had some friends get interested in Smalltalk and there is nothing more satisfying than quickly building a little web app using our favourite environment (particularly with a 1 click image) - and I also find that the new look of Pharo 1.2 is more pleasing to the eyes of Eclipse/C# folks. And there is also the great book as well...
>
> However I haven't noticed a 1.2 one-click image or any discussion on this? If there was some energy to build one - I would love to point some people to it!
>
> Tim_______________________________________________
> seaside mailing list

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Is there a Pharo 1.2.x Seaside one click image?

Philippe Marschall
2011/4/19 Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>:
> Hi Tim,
>
> The latest builds on jenkins.lukas-renggli.ch are based on Pharo
> 1.2.1. There is also a one-click image to download.

Noob question:
Why is the default Pharo 1.2 theme missing?

Cheers
Philippe

Philippe Marschall wrote:
> 2011/4/19 Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi Tim,
>>
>> The latest builds on jenkins.lukas-renggli.ch are based on Pharo
>> 1.2.1. There is also a one-click image to download.
>
> Noob question:
> Why is the default Pharo 1.2 theme missing?

Hi Lukas - I hadn't thought to look on your website (good to see that
it's still going strong - even renamed to jenkins I note ;)

I guess like Philippe, I'm wondering about the other themes that Pharo
1.2 adds. I found that the Glamorous themes seem to strike a chord with
Eclipse/C# guys. Is it easy to add them into the oneclick - and possibly
default to one of those (or create something based on them that is more
seaside-y?).

I guess related to this - would it be appropriate to add a link to your
site in the downloads

Re: Is there a Pharo 1.2.x Seaside one click image?

Tudor Girba
Hi Tim,

On 19 Apr 2011, at 09:47, TimM wrote:

> Philippe Marschall wrote:
>> 2011/4/19 Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>:
>>> Hi Tim,
>>>
>>> The latest builds on jenkins.lukas-renggli.ch are based on Pharo
>>> 1.2.1. There is also a one-click image to download.
>> Noob question:
>> Why is the default Pharo 1.2 theme missing?
>
> Hi Lukas - I hadn't thought to look on your website (good to see that
> it's still going strong - even renamed to jenkins I note ;)
>
> I guess like Philippe, I'm wondering about the other themes that Pharo
> 1.2 adds. I found that the Glamorous themes seem to strike a chord with
> Eclipse/C# guys.

I am interested in this particular remark. Could you elaborate? :)

Cheers,
Doru

> Is it easy to add them into the oneclick - and possibly
> default to one of those (or create something based on them that is more
> seaside-y?).
>
> I guess related to this - would it be appropriate to add a link to your
> site in the downloads

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every successful trip needs a suitable vehicle."

Re: Is there a Pharo 1.2.x Seaside one click image?

Sven Van Caekenberghe

On 19 Apr 2011, at 09:47, TimM wrote:

> I guess like Philippe, I'm wondering about the other themes that Pharo
> 1.2 adds. I found that the Glamorous themes seem to strike a chord with
> Eclipse/C# guys. Is it easy to add them into the oneclick - and possibly
> default to one of those (or create something based on them that is more
> seaside-y?).

I guess Lukas does not like the newer look and feel ;-)

You can easily add any theme, for example, add the Glamour repository ( http://www.squeaksource,com/Glamour ) and load the package called 'Glamour-Morphic-Theme', then go to Settings>Appearance>>Morphic and select the Glamorous theme (this is the original theme the Pharo 1.2 theme is based on).

Tada:

Alternatively, you can also load a latest Pharo+Seaside build from

https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/view/Pharo-Clients/job/Seaside%20Pharo%201.2/

Regards,

Sven

Screen shot 2011-04-19 at 10.32.08.png (258K) Download Attachment