Is there a http server that understands PUT?

Is there a http server that understands PUT?

NorbertHartl
While trying to consume some PUT urls with Seaside-REST I noticed that the transmitted content is missing. I tried Comanche as well as swazoo. At this moment I'm not sure if I did something wrong but I seems that only GET and POST are treated.

Does anyone has some experience on this?

thanks,

Norbert

Re: Is there a http server that understands PUT?

Janko Mivšek
Hi Norbert,

On 17. 01. 2011 21:22, Norbert Hartl wrote:
> While trying to consume some PUT urls with Seaside-REST I noticed that the transmitted content is missing. I tried Comanche as well as swazoo. At this moment I'm not sure if I did something wrong but I seems that only GET and POST are treated.
> Does anyone has some experience on this?

Swazoo certainly supports PUT, because it is used in Aida WebDAV support.

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Is there a http server that understands PUT?

Adrian Lienhard
Hi Norbert,

I suggest to have a look at Zink: http://homepage.mac.com/svc/Zinc-HTTP-Components/index.html

Cheers,
Adrian

On Jan 17, 2011, at 21:22 , Norbert Hartl wrote:

> While trying to consume some PUT urls with Seaside-REST I noticed that the transmitted content is missing. I tried Comanche as well as swazoo. At this moment I'm not sure if I did something wrong but I seems that only GET and POST are treated.
>
> Does anyone has some experience on this?
>
> thanks,
>
> Norbert

Re: Is there a http server that understands PUT?

Sven Van Caekenberghe

On 17 Jan 2011, at 22:10, Adrian Lienhard wrote:

> Hi Norbert,
>
> I suggest to have a look at Zink: http://homepage.mac.com/svc/Zinc-HTTP-Components/index.html
>
> Cheers,
> Adrian

The Zinc Seaside adaptor should support PUT, if not I would be happy to help figure out what goes wrong (please provide a standalone test case that we can run).

Sven

On 17.01.2011, at 21:52, Janko Mivšek wrote:

> Hi Norbert,
>
> On 17. 01. 2011 21:22, Norbert Hartl wrote:
>> While trying to consume some PUT urls with Seaside-REST I noticed that the transmitted content is missing. I tried Comanche as well as swazoo. At this moment I'm not sure if I did something wrong but I seems that only GET and POST are treated.
>> Does anyone has some experience on this?
>
> Swazoo certainly supports PUT, because it is used in Aida WebDAV support.

That is strange. I did test several things but now luck so far. In Comanche I have a body stream left with the mime data but in swazoo everything's consumed but no additional data created.

On 17.01.2011, at 23:09, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:

> On 17 Jan 2011, at 22:10, Adrian Lienhard wrote:
>
>> Hi Norbert,
>>
>> I suggest to have a look at Zink: http://homepage.mac.com/svc/Zinc-HTTP-Components/index.html
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Adrian
>
> The Zinc Seaside adaptor should support PUT, if not I would be happy to help figure out what goes wrong (please provide a standalone test case that we can run).

Indeed. It was easy to set up and all my tests ran quite well. I didn't know it does proper mime structuring of data. Well done! As far as I can see this deserves the role of an important component.

But now I have the problem that I have to port it to gemstone :)

thanks,

Norbert

Re: Is there a http server that understands PUT?

Philippe Marschall-2
On 01/17/2011 09:22 PM, Norbert Hartl wrote:
> While trying to consume some PUT urls with Seaside-REST I noticed that the transmitted content is missing. I tried Comanche as well as swazoo. At this moment I'm not sure if I did something wrong but I seems that only GET and POST are treated.
>
> Does anyone has some experience on this?

Comanche should work because uploading a Monticello version to
SqueakSource is a PUT.

Note that Seaside applications (WAApplication) only support GET and POST
but request handlers support everything. That's in Seaside 3.0 at least.

Cheers
Philippe

On 18.01.2011, at 08:23, Philippe Marschall wrote:

> On 01/17/2011 09:22 PM, Norbert Hartl wrote:
>> While trying to consume some PUT urls with Seaside-REST I noticed that the transmitted content is missing. I tried Comanche as well as swazoo. At this moment I'm not sure if I did something wrong but I seems that only GET and POST are treated.
>>
>> Does anyone has some experience on this?
>
> Comanche should work because uploading a Monticello version to
> SqueakSource is a PUT.

I think I was unclear at that point. I'm looking for a server that can handle PUT requests in combination with multipart bodies. That is what wasn't working in my case. But zinc does it and I'm on my way to change my current code.

> Note that Seaside applications (WAApplication) only support GET and POST
> but request handlers support everything. That's in Seaside 3.0 at least.

That is perfect. I just need support for all verbs while using Seaside-REST.

Norbert

Re: Is there a http server that understands PUT?

Nikolay Suslov
Hello,

2011/1/17 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]>

Swazoo certainly supports PUT, because it is used in Aida WebDAV support.

Is there any available source code for WebDav support to try out?

Thanks,
Nikolay