Is there a metric server for Pharo

Panu Suominen
This time I ask before implementing something that has already been done. :)

I know there are quite good tools for metrics and code quality
control. However I don't know if there is any software to publish
these kind of results. In Java world there is Sonar
(http://www.sonarsource.org/). So, are there any tools to publish code
quality metrics? If not I am going to see if sonar can be used to
archive this task... someday.

Panu

Re: Is there a metric server for Pharo

Marcus Denker-4

On Feb 28, 2011, at 4:58 PM, Panu Suominen wrote:

> This time I ask before implementing something that has already been done. :)
>
> I know there are quite good tools for metrics and code quality
> control. However I don't know if there is any software to publish
> these kind of results. In Java world there is Sonar
> (http://www.sonarsource.org/). So, are there any tools to publish code
> quality metrics? If not I am going to see if sonar can be used to
> archive this task... someday.

There is Moose:

        http://www.moosetechnology.org/

It has all the code for calculating metrics. (and to do visualizations based on them)

We are actually developing a reporting dashboard thing for the pharo code base...
maybe Cyrille can tell more?

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

2011/2/28 Marcus Denker <[hidden email]>:
> There is Moose:
> It has all the code for calculating metrics. (and to do visualizations based on them)

I know. But the results should be stored somewhere to be publicly viewable. Preferably version information is attached to the metrics enabling monitoring if problems get fixed or introduced.

> We are actually developing a reporting dashboard thing for the pharo code base...
> maybe Cyrille can tell more?

OK. I would like to know more. :)

Re: Is there a metric server for Pharo

simondenier

On 28 févr. 2011, at 17:20, Panu Suominen wrote:

2011/2/28 Marcus Denker <[hidden email]>:
> There is Moose:
> It has all the code for calculating metrics. (and to do visualizations based on them)

I know. But the results should be stored somewhere to be publicly viewable. Preferably version information is attached to the metrics enabling monitoring if problems get fixed or introduced.

> We are actually developing a reporting dashboard thing for the pharo code base...
> maybe Cyrille can tell more?

More precisely the project is called Menssana. Indeed, it uses Moose but just for computing some things, and basically provides a Glamour browser for concerns: unit tests, lint rules, metrics and basic visualizations... There is also a possibility to browse concerns on the web with Seaside. Some work needs to be done to support concern history (i.e. evolution, trends...)

As the active developer, Cyrille can say more about the current status.

--
Simon Denier

Re: Is there a metric server for Pharo

Panu

with are looking for users :)
so if you want we are
        - developing a dashboard
        - should work on the evolution of metrics.

Stef

2011/2/28 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:
> Panu
>
> with are looking for users :)
> so if you want we are
>        - developing a dashboard
>        - should work on the evolution of metrics.

I am not sure if you are asking to use or develop these things. Both
options are fine. :)
What kind of project this "dashboard" is?

Panu

Re: Is there a metric server for Pharo

Tudor Girba
Hi Panu,

If you are interested in assessing your systems would suggest to get on the Moose mailing list and continue the discussion there.

You can register to the development mailing list here:

And send mails here:

Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"It's not what we do that matters most, it's how we do it."