Is there a sane way to make seaside config edits (like custom session) programatically?

Is there a sane way to make seaside config edits (like custom session) programatically?

Thomas Hartman
I am following the cincom seaside tutorial at

  http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/userblogs/cincom/blogView?content=seaside_tutorial1

There are a couple of points in the tutorial where you do some manual
tweaks to the seaside config at localhost:7777/cofngif. There's a
tweak for a custom session, a tweak for including some javascript
libraries, and maybe a few other minor things. I would like to do
these tweaks programmatically rather than by hand edits. If this is
"not a good thing" to want, please tell me I'm barking up the wrong
tree, and I'll keep doing the hand edits thing. But if doing this more
automatedly is reasonable, I would love to know how.

Instructions for the manual way, from tutorial documentation, which
includes copious screenshots of the manual tweaks...

custom session config:

  http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/userblogs/cincom/blogView?content=seaside_tutorial5

custom javascript library config:

  http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/userblogs/cincom/blogView?content=seaside_tutorial8

Any advice is appreciated.

Regards,

Thomas.

VisualWorks® Personal Use Edition, 7.9 of May 11, 2012

Seaside-All Version '3.0 - 8' of 4/13/12 11:03:09 AM

Re: Is there a sane way to make seaside config edits (like custom session) programatically?

Stephan Eggermont-3
All the things you do through the web interface can be done programmatically.

In the seaside application root class of StoryBoard, SBMain, we have:

SBMain>updateRoot: anHtmlRoot
        super updateRoot: anHtmlRoot.
        anHtmlRoot title: 'StoryBoard'.
        anHtmlRoot link
                type: 'text/css';
                beStylesheet;
                addAll;
                url: SBFileLibrary / 'main.css';
                yourself

SBMain>>initialize
        "Registers this applicaton as webpage
                SBMain initialize.
        "
        super initialize.
        (WAAdmin register: self asApplicationAt: 'story')
                preferenceAt: #sessionClass
                        put: SBPublicSession;
                addLibrary: JQDeploymentLibrary;
                addLibrary: JQUiDeploymentLibrary;
                yourself

updateRoot is instance side, initialize is class side.

Stephan

Re: Is there a sane way to make seaside config edits (like custom session) programatically?

Thomas Hartman-2
Stephan: Thank you!

Exactly what I needed