Is there a way to autogenerate WAFileMetadataLibrary based on a directory?

Is there a way to autogenerate WAFileMetadataLibrary based on a directory?

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi guys,

I see some libraries using WAFileMetadataLibrary subclasses. For example, Code Mirror. I have copied it's design, but have to manually create all the intermediate methods such as:

themesdarkCss
^ WAFileLibraryResource
filepath: 'themes/dark.css'
mimeType: (WAMimeType main: 'text' sub: 'css')
cacheDuration: (Duration days: 0 hours: 0 minutes: 30 seconds: 0)
contents: (GRDelayedSend receiver: self selector: #themedarkCssContent)

Aside from that, I also must keep a #fill kind of class side method where I autogenerate the contents for each file...something like this:

themes := basePath , 'themes/'.
self faAddFileAt:  themes, 'dark.css' selector: (#theme , #darkCssContent) asSymbol.

So....it's really a pain when I have to wrap a big library that has many images, javascript and css files split across different directories etc.

Is there a way to autogenerate this WAFileMetadataLibrary subclass with all methods created? Something like:

WAFileMetadataLibrary autogenerateFrom: ''/Users/mariano/myLibrary/' into: MyLibraryFilelibrary.

Thanks in advance,

Re: Is there a way to autogenerate WAFileMetadataLibrary based on a directory?

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 10:02 AM, Thomas Brodt <[hidden email]> wrote:

There is

WAFileMetadataLibrary recursivelyAddAllFilesIn: aPathString

which imports a directory structure. Invoke that from your library class. Have you tried that?

Thanks!!!!!!
That was exactly what I was looing for!.

HTH
Thomas

Am 18.08.2017 um 14:24 schrieb Mariano Martinez Peck:
[...]

Gabriel Cotelli
Mariano, in case you were planning to deploy it on Windows you will need this changes: https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside/pull/944 . For Linux or Mac the deployment will work with the current code.

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 11:12 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Gabriel O. Cotelli
Desarrollo y Tecnología
Mercap
Tel: +54 (011) 5352.2372 al 74
http://www.mercapsoftware.com
This message is confidential. It may also contain information that is privileged or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you have received it by mistake please let us know by e-mail immediately and delete it from your system; also you shouldn't copy the message nor disclose its contents to anyone. Thanks.