Is there a way to get a merge from a configurationOf?

Is there a way to get a merge from a configurationOf?

stephane ducasse
Hi

I would like to know how I can get all the changes (like the merge button in MC) of a configurationOf....

Re: Is there a way to get a merge from a configurationOf?

abergel
This is currently not supported unfortunately.

Cheers,
Alexandre

On 1 Mar 2011, at 18:24, stephane ducasse wrote:

> Hi
>
> I would like to know how I can get all the changes (like the merge button in MC) of a configurationOf....
>
> Stef

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Is there a way to get a merge from a configurationOf?

Dale Henrichs
On 03/01/2011 01:24 PM, stephane ducasse wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to know how I can get all the changes (like the merge button in MC) of a configurationOf....
>
> Stef

Stef,

The MetacelloBrowser is getting close to providing something like that
... this morning I just added the ability to get the changes of a loaded
package against the stable version, so being able to do so against an
arbitrary version is not far from being there ... then firing off a
command to open a changes view for each changed package in a config
could be done ...

Asking about merge means that you would like a merge window for each
package in a configuration that has a later version in the repository or
only merge for dirtied packages ...

Give me some more details about what you are trying to do and I (or
Alexandre) can add it to the MetacelloBrowser then you could take it for
a spin ...

Dale

Re: Is there a way to get a merge from a configurationOf?

abergel

Indeed, all the pieces are already there.

Alexandre

On Mar 2, 2011, at 12:01 AM, Dale Henrichs wrote:

> On 03/01/2011 01:24 PM, stephane ducasse wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I would like to know how I can get all the changes (like the merge button in MC) of a configurationOf....
>>
>> Stef
>
> Stef,
>
> The MetacelloBrowser is getting close to providing something like that ... this morning I just added the ability to get the changes of a loaded package against the stable version, so being able to do so against an arbitrary version is not far from being there ... then firing off a command to open a changes view for each changed package in a config could be done ...
>
> Asking about merge means that you would like a merge window for each package in a configuration that has a later version in the repository or only merge for dirtied packages ...

I do not know. :)
My scenario was: I wanted to see the code of ConfigurationOfRPackages and their impact on the system, especially the changes of existing system.