Is there a way to load a dependent repository of assets that doesn't have a baseline - in my Metacello baseline?

Is there a way to load a dependent repository of assets that doesn't have a baseline - in my Metacello baseline?

Tim Mackinnon
Hi - I’m trying to create a baseline for my project so that it includes a dependent repository that has some assts but no code. Is there a way to do this in Metacello - I have a baseline dependencies like the following - and its the last line that fails as it not really a repo with a baseline in it - so Metacello signals an error - but I’m wondering if there is something I can do to just load that repo without considering it as a baseline - I’m after something like:

 spec resources: 'CP-ClientEnvironment' with: [  spec
                        repository: 'github://ErikOnBike/CP-ClientEnvironment' ].

This is what I have to give an idea - possibly I could catch the exception and resume - or is there some cunning way (maybe even a post load script or something)?

setUpDependencies: spec

        spec
                baseline: 'ZincHTTPComponents' with: [ spec
                        repository: 'github://svenvc/zinc';
                        loads: #('Core' 'WebSocket') ].

        spec
  baseline: 'CodeParadise' with: [  spec
                        repository: 'github://ErikOnBike/CodeParadise/repository' ].

        spec
  baseline: 'CP-ClientEnvironment' with: [  spec
                        repository: 'github://ErikOnBike/CP-ClientEnvironment' ].

Tim

Tim

Re: Is there a way to load a dependent repository of assets that doesn't have a baseline - in my Metacello baseline?

Tim Mackinnon
Hi Hernan - that is close to what I want, and looks useful for something else I need to do - but in this case I literally just wanted to download a git repo dependency (not a zip) like already happens with metacello - but because it doesn’t have a baseline class in the repo (in fact its just js files), I don’t want metacello to try and interpret it - just continue. I think there might be a simple way to convince metcello to do this - if not, then maybe your example might give me the basics to build something custom.

Thanks for piping up.

Tim

On 26 Jan 2021, at 23:10, Hernán Morales Durand <[hidden email]> wrote:

El mar, 26 ene 2021 a las 23:57, Tim Mackinnon (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
Hi - I’m trying to create a baseline for my project so that it includes a dependent repository that has some assts but no code. Is there a way to do this in Metacello - I have a baseline dependencies like the following - and its the last line that fails as it not really a repo with a baseline in it - so Metacello signals an error - but I’m wondering if there is something I can do to just load that repo without considering it as a baseline - I’m after something like:

 spec resources: 'CP-ClientEnvironment' with: [  spec
                        repository: '<a href="github://ErikOnBike/CP-ClientEnvironment" class="">github://ErikOnBike/CP-ClientEnvironment' ].

This is what I have to give an idea - possibly I could catch the exception and resume - or is there some cunning way (maybe even a post load script or something)?

setUpDependencies: spec

        spec
                baseline: 'ZincHTTPComponents' with: [ spec
                        repository: '<a href="github://svenvc/zinc" class="">github://svenvc/zinc';
                        loads: #('Core' 'WebSocket') ].

        spec
                baseline: 'CodeParadise' with: [  spec
                        repository: '<a href="github://ErikOnBike/CodeParadise/repository" class="">github://ErikOnBike/CodeParadise/repository' ].

        spec
                baseline: 'CP-ClientEnvironment' with: [  spec
                        repository: '<a href="github://ErikOnBike/CP-ClientEnvironment" class="">github://ErikOnBike/CP-ClientEnvironment' ].

Tim

Re: Is there a way to load a dependent repository of assets that doesn't have a baseline - in my Metacello baseline?

Guillermo Polito
I don’t know if this is what you’re looking for, but there is GitBridge out there too

http://forum.world.st/ANN-GitBridge-td5101250.html

El 27 ene 2021, a las 23:51, Tim Mackinnon <[hidden email]> escribió:

[...]

So many interesting avenues - this one I can also see as useful in yet another thing, but actually i just want my project baseline to pull down another repo along with my other dependencies and store the contents alongside the others in the pharo-local directory but just not complain that there is no baseline class to interpret (for other dependencies). This lets an http server in my project access some now local web assets easily.

I thought it would be a simple thing possibly already built in , but it seems everyone has done everything else but this.

I kind of suspect there may be a way to catch the metacello exception and ignore/resume it.

Failing this, maybe I can convince the other project to add an empty BaselineOf directory for easier loading (or I can fork it I guess)

Tim

 On 28 Jan 2021, at 08:35, Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Paul DeBruicker
You could use a #postLoadDoIt: or #preLoadDoIt: and have Zinc download the
github repo contents to the directory of your choice or use LibC to do a git
checkout in the right spot.

Tim Mackinnon wrote