Is there a way to remove the extra protocol in calypso?

Is there a way to remove the extra protocol in calypso?

Stephane Ducasse-3
Hi denis

The extra protocols are super confusing for newbies.
Is there a setting to remove the critiques (because it flickers) from
the protocols.
Can we remove the overrides and inherited?
I do not care to know that I overrides initialize from Object for example.

When you learn a system you do not need to have bells and whistles.
You should be able to concentrate.

Re: Is there a way to remove the extra protocol in calypso?

Denis Kudriashov
Hi Stef.

Yes, you need disable plugins. It is not available from settings browser. Use scripts:

ClyInheritanceAnalyzerEnvironmentPlugin disable.
ClyCriticEnvironmentPlugin disableMethodGroup

But according to your logic method icons (up/down arrows) should be disabled too. Right now they are still managed by Nautilus method actions. To disable them use:

ClyNautilusBrowserPlugin disable

Hi denis

The extra protocols are super confusing for newbies.
Is there a setting to remove the critiques (because it flickers) from
the protocols.
Can we remove the overrides and inherited?
I do not care to know that I overrides initialize from Object for example.

When you learn a system you do not need to have bells and whistles.
You should be able to concentrate.

Re: Is there a way to remove the extra protocol in calypso?

Stephane Ducasse-3
Tx denis.

Stef

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 9:40 PM, Denis Kudriashov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Stef.
>
> Yes, you need disable plugins. It is not available from settings browser.
> Use scripts:
>
> ClyInheritanceAnalyzerEnvironmentPlugin disable.
> ClyCriticEnvironmentPlugin disableMethodGroup
>

> But according to your logic method icons (up/down arrows) should be disabled
> too. Right now they are still managed by Nautilus method actions. To disable
> them use:
>

> ClyNautilusBrowserPlugin disable

>> Hi denis
>>
>> The extra protocols are super confusing for newbies.
>> Is there a setting to remove the critiques (because it flickers) from
>> the protocols.
>> Can we remove the overrides and inherited?
>> I do not care to know that I overrides initialize from Object for example.
>>
>> When you learn a system you do not need to have bells and whistles.
>> You should be able to concentrate.
>>
>> Stef

Re: Is there a way to remove the extra protocol in calypso?

Stephane Ducasse-3
We should add this in a class comment and probably a menu somewhere.

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 10:05 PM, Stephane Ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Tx denis.
>
> Stef
>
> On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 9:40 PM, Denis Kudriashov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Stef.
>>
>> Yes, you need disable plugins. It is not available from settings browser.
>> Use scripts:
>>
>> ClyInheritanceAnalyzerEnvironmentPlugin disable.
>> ClyCriticEnvironmentPlugin disableMethodGroup
>>

>> But according to your logic method icons (up/down arrows) should be disabled
>> too. Right now they are still managed by Nautilus method actions. To disable
>> them use:
>>

>> ClyNautilusBrowserPlugin disable

>>> Hi denis
>>>
>>> The extra protocols are super confusing for newbies.
>>> Is there a setting to remove the critiques (because it flickers) from
>>> the protocols.
>>> Can we remove the overrides and inherited?
>>> I do not care to know that I overrides initialize from Object for example.
>>>
>>> When you learn a system you do not need to have bells and whistles.
>>> You should be able to concentrate.
>>>
>>> Stef

Re: Is there a way to remove the extra protocol in calypso?

Stephane Ducasse-3
Quentin told me that when he is compiling with command+s he gets
another method.
I could not really understand but it was strange.

We also notice that this is strange that we cannot access to the old
method when we
- take a method
- change the selector
and start to reimplement something (in that case we cannot access the
old method definition).

Stef

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> We should add this in a class comment and probably a menu somewhere.
>
> On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 10:05 PM, Stephane Ducasse
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Tx denis.
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 9:40 PM, Denis Kudriashov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi Stef.
>>>
>>> Yes, you need disable plugins. It is not available from settings browser.
>>> Use scripts:
>>>
>>> ClyInheritanceAnalyzerEnvironmentPlugin disable.
>>> ClyCriticEnvironmentPlugin disableMethodGroup
>>>

>>> But according to your logic method icons (up/down arrows) should be disabled
>>> too. Right now they are still managed by Nautilus method actions. To disable
>>> them use:
>>>

>>> ClyNautilusBrowserPlugin disable

Re: Is there a way to remove the extra protocol in calypso?

Denis Kudriashov

Quentin told me that when he is compiling with command+s he gets
another method.
I could not really understand but it was strange.

Yes, it is strange. Tell me if you will find reproducible case.

We also notice that this is strange that we cannot access to the old
method when we
- take a method
- change the selector
and start to reimplement something (in that case we cannot access the
old method definition).

Did you just typed new selector without accepting changes?
In that state editor still points to original method. And when you select it again in the table existing editor is focused.
I am not sure that system should think differently in that case because you still editing original method.
But of course we can add extra logic by parsing current text for new selector

Stef

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> We should add this in a class comment and probably a menu somewhere.
>
> On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 10:05 PM, Stephane Ducasse
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Tx denis.
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 9:40 PM, Denis Kudriashov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi Stef.
>>>
>>> Yes, you need disable plugins. It is not available from settings browser.
>>> Use scripts:
>>>
>>> ClyInheritanceAnalyzerEnvironmentPlugin disable.
>>> ClyCriticEnvironmentPlugin disableMethodGroup
>>>

>>> But according to your logic method icons (up/down arrows) should be disabled
>>> too. Right now they are still managed by Nautilus method actions. To disable
>>> them use:
>>>

>>> ClyNautilusBrowserPlugin disable

Re: Is there a way to remove the extra protocol in calypso?

Denis Kudriashov
We also notice that this is strange that we cannot access to the old
method when we
- take a method
- change the selector
and start to reimplement something (in that case we cannot access the
old method definition).

Did you just typed new selector without accepting changes?
In that state editor still points to original method.

Also tab title contains original method selector.

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> We should add this in a class comment and probably a menu somewhere.
>
> On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 10:05 PM, Stephane Ducasse
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Tx denis.
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 9:40 PM, Denis Kudriashov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi Stef.
>>>
>>> Yes, you need disable plugins. It is not available from settings browser.
>>> Use scripts:
>>>
>>> ClyInheritanceAnalyzerEnvironmentPlugin disable.
>>> ClyCriticEnvironmentPlugin disableMethodGroup
>>>

>>> But according to your logic method icons (up/down arrows) should be disabled
>>> too. Right now they are still managed by Nautilus method actions. To disable
>>> them use:
>>>

>>> ClyNautilusBrowserPlugin disable

Re: Is there a way to remove the extra protocol in calypso?

Stephane Ducasse-3

>> We also notice that this is strange that we cannot access to the old
>> method when we
>> - take a method
>> - change the selector
>> and start to reimplement something (in that case we cannot access the
>> old method definition).
>>

> Did you just typed new selector without accepting changes?

yes because usually you are in the middle and want to read the one you
started from.

> In that state editor still points to original method. And when you select it
> again in the table existing editor is focused.
> I am not sure that system should think differently in that case because you
> still editing original method.
> But of course we can add extra logic by parsing current text for new
> selector

I have the impression that the user should edit a copy of the old and
still be able to click on the old
Now this is not easy because the browser does not know what to display
because the edited method (with the new selector is still not
compiled) but we could automatically add an entry after the first
carriage return
because this is the moment where we know that there is potentially a
new selector.
Stef