Is there any way to bypass gemstone authentication on hostname using sudo ?

Is there any way to bypass gemstone authentication on hostname using sudo ?

ARNi.e.
Im logged in to the host server using password less authentication using sudo. My user name eg :gemadmin does not require a password. I login to the Solaris 5.10 box using sudo su - gemadmin 1. Installed gemstone as root. 2. netldi starts successfully On startstone : I receive the error :

You have supplied an incorrect password for user 'gemadmin'

Is there any way to bypass this ?

Re: Is there any way to bypass gemstone authentication on hostname using sudo ?

Gemstone/S mailing list

On Dec 17, 2014, at 2:13 AM, ARNi.e. via GemStone-Smalltalk <[hidden email]> wrote:

Im logged in to the host server using password less authentication using sudo. My user name eg :gemadmin does not require a password. I login to the Solaris 5.10 box using sudo su - gemadmin 1. Installed gemstone as root. 2. netldi starts successfully On startstone : I receive the error :

You have supplied an incorrect password for user 'gemadmin'

Is there any way to bypass this ?

The install guide instructs you to install GemStone as root since “GemStone system security is established through file permissions and process attributes.” I think that this made more sense a couple decades ago in an environment one machine was shared by many users and many applications. If you are the only user on the machine or GemStone is the only application, then it may be easier to install everything as one user. (This is the way I’ve always done it.) In that case, as long as everyone uses the same login, then you should not have a security problem.

James