Is there anyway to import a directory structure into an Amber namespace?

Is there anyway to import a directory structure into an Amber namespace?

Andy Burnett
I am trying to use Amber to work with Meteor.  Meteor apps have their code in a specific folder structure. I would like to - somehow - reproduce this in Amber.

I have started to play with setting namespaces for packages, and that looks hopeful, but what would be even better is if we could import the structure into Helios.

I am sure this isn't possible right now, but I am wondering how hard it would be to make it work. I am keen to minimise admin hassle.

Cheers
Andy

Re: Is there anyway to import a directory structure into an Amber namespace?

Andy Burnett
Hi Sebastian,

Sadly, I haven't had time to pursue that integration. But, your prompting is energising me to get back on the case :-)

Cheers
Andy

On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 9:08 PM, sebastian <[hidden email]> wrote:
What was the outcome of your experiment Andy?

On Nov 26, 2014, at 8:24 PM, Andy Burnett <[hidden email]> wrote:

I am trying to use Amber to work with Meteor.  Meteor apps have their code in a specific folder structure. I would like to - somehow - reproduce this in Amber.

I have started to play with setting namespaces for packages, and that looks hopeful, but what would be even better is if we could import the structure into Helios.

I am sure this isn't possible right now, but I am wondering how hard it would be to make it work. I am keen to minimise admin hassle.

Cheers
Andy

Re: Is there anyway to import a directory structure into an Amber namespace?

sebastianconcept
Glad to hear!

You know what be great?

Having an Amber library that can "save image" in the localstorage as first step

And PUT/POST to backend.

Then your backend can use adaptors for them:  files, CouchDB, MongoDB, Postgres with json, others..

what do you think?

On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 9:08 PM, sebastian <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="wLxL7HUZpdcJ" onmousedown="this.href='javascript:';return true;" onclick="this.href='javascript:';return true;">sebastia...@...> wrote:

On Nov 26, 2014, at 8:24 PM, Andy Burnett <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="wLxL7HUZpdcJ" onmousedown="this.href='javascript:';return true;" onclick="this.href='javascript:';return true;">andy.b...@knowinnovation.com> wrote:

I am trying to use Amber to work with Meteor.  Meteor apps have their code in a specific folder structure. I would like to - somehow - reproduce this in Amber.

I have started to play with setting namespaces for packages, and that looks hopeful, but what would be even better is if we could import the structure into Helios.

I am sure this isn't possible right now, but I am wondering how hard it would be to make it work. I am keen to minimise admin hassle.

Cheers
Andy

Re: Is there anyway to import a directory structure into an Amber namespace?

peter.ode
Hi Andy,

I am also keen to hear about any progress with integrating Amber Smtalltalk with Meteor. That would be very powerful.

Cheers,
Peter

On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 9:08 PM, sebastian <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="wLxL7HUZpdcJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href='javascript:';return true;" onclick="this.href='javascript:';return true;">sebastia...@...> wrote:

On Nov 26, 2014, at 8:24 PM, Andy Burnett <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="wLxL7HUZpdcJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href='javascript:';return true;" onclick="this.href='javascript:';return true;">andy.b...@knowinnovation.com> wrote: