Is this the place for a Seaside question?

Is this the place for a Seaside question?

Long Haired David
I would like to know how to create a Seaside Server Adaptor using code. Can anyone give me a clue?

I am using VAST 8.6 but I would have thought that it was fairly generic.
David
Totally Objects
Doing Smalltalk since 1989

Re: Is this the place for a Seaside question?

stepharo
You should probably ask in the seaside mailing-list.

On 26/10/14 13:27, Long Haired David wrote:

> I would like to know how to create a Seaside Server Adaptor using code. Can
> anyone give me a clue?
>
> I am using VAST 8.6 but I would have thought that it was fairly generic.
>

> -----
> David
> Totally Objects
> Doing Smalltalk since 1989

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Is this the place for a Seaside question?

jtuchel
Hi David,

I guess you ask how to start the Server adapter during image startup in
a VA Smalltalk runtime image, right?
In that case, the VAST group on google groups would be the best place to
ask because the server adaptor is one of the few platform specific
pieces of code in Seaside. The server adaptor is the glue code between
your Smalltalk's HTTP server (Zinc in most oss Smalltalks, SST in VAST)
and the Seaside framework.

Here is how you start the Server adaptor in VAST:

(adaptor := WASstServerAdaptor port: self port) start.

Please take a look at this as well:

https://joachimtuchel.wordpress.com/?s=WASSTServerAdaptor&submit=Search

Because the issue will arise once you start additional images or restart
ones that failed and try to serve a port that's in use.

HTH,

Joachim

Am 26.10.14 um 19:27 schrieb Long Haired David:

> I would like to know how to create a Seaside Server Adaptor using code. Can
> anyone give me a clue?
>
> I am using VAST 8.6 but I would have thought that it was fairly generic.
>

> -----
> David
> Totally Objects
> Doing Smalltalk since 1989

Objektfabrik Joachim Tuchel          mailto:[hidden email]
Fliederweg 1                         http://www.objektfabrik.de
D-71640 Ludwigsburg                  http://joachimtuchel.wordpress.com
Telefon: +49 7141 56 10 86 0         Fax: +49 7141 56 10 86 1