Isolate doesn't seem to work

Andres Fortier-2
Hi list,
         Sorry if this is a newbie question. I need to avoid a user
re-submitting a form by using the back button and I thought #isolate:
was the way to go. However, I don't seem to be able to put it to work. I
tested two simple examples (the one that comes with the seaside
installation and the one in David Shaffer's tutorial) and both of them
fail in the sense that it allows me to navigate with the back and
forward button as much as I want. One of the examples is:

WATask subclass: #IsolateExample
go
        self inform: 'Before isolate'.
        self isolate:
                [self inform: 'Step 1'.
                self inform: 'Step 2'.
                self inform: 'Step 3'].
        self inform: 'After isolate'.

Once I end in the 'After isolate' page, I can use the back button and
navigate 'Step 3' -> 'Step 2' -> 'Step 1' -> 'Before isolate'. As a
matter of fact I can move with the back and forward buttons as if the
"self isolate:" part wasn't there. Is this the expected behaviour?
Should I set-up seaside in a particular way to support isolation? Or
have I misunderstood the purpose of #isolate:?

Thanks in advance,
                  Andrés

Re: Isolate doesn't seem to work

Andres Fortier-2
Ok, I'll auto-reply to myself :). When I try to submit an isolated page
I get that the page has expired, so that's it.

Sorry for the noise.

Regards,
         Andrés

Andres Fortier escribió:

> Hi list,
>         Sorry if this is a newbie question. I need to avoid a user
> re-submitting a form by using the back button and I thought #isolate:
> was the way to go. However, I don't seem to be able to put it to work. I
> tested two simple examples (the one that comes with the seaside
> installation and the one in David Shaffer's tutorial) and both of them
> fail in the sense that it allows me to navigate with the back and
> forward button as much as I want. One of the examples is:
>
> WATask subclass: #IsolateExample
> go
>     self inform: 'Before isolate'.
>     self isolate:
>         [self inform: 'Step 1'.
>         self inform: 'Step 2'.
>         self inform: 'Step 3'].
>     self inform: 'After isolate'.
>
> Once I end in the 'After isolate' page, I can use the back button and
> navigate 'Step 3' -> 'Step 2' -> 'Step 1' -> 'Before isolate'. As a
> matter of fact I can move with the back and forward buttons as if the
> "self isolate:" part wasn't there. Is this the expected behaviour?
> Should I set-up seaside in a particular way to support isolation? Or
> have I misunderstood the purpose of #isolate:?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>           Andrés

Re: Isolate doesn't seem to work

Lukas Renggli
> Once I end in the 'After isolate' page, I can use the back button and
> navigate 'Step 3' -> 'Step 2' -> 'Step 1' -> 'Before isolate'. As a
> matter of fact I can move with the back and forward buttons as if the
> "self isolate:" part wasn't there. Is this the expected behaviour?

Yes, Seaside can do nothing about the contents of the browser cache.
You should get an error message when clicking a button or link on a
page that has left its isolate block.

> Should I set-up seaside in a particular way to support isolation? Or
> have I misunderstood the purpose of #isolate:?

#isolate: is broken in Seaside 2.8.

See: http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=6565

Lukas

--