Item 17 for the list - Subbu's stencil/silhoueete tool

Item 17 for the list - Subbu's stencil/silhoueete tool

Steve Thomas
Folks,

Subbu wrote a wonderful Art tool for Etoys which should have been on the list (didn't catch it was missing until now.  Below is a description of its use by a French Art teacher

I also attached the changeset Subbu sent me.  I played with it a lot and have not yet run into any issues (but I didn't try real hard either)

Stephen

stencil.1 (3).cs (11K) Download Attachment

Re: Item 17 for the list - Subbu's stencil/silhoueete tool

Karl Ramberg
The tool need another hook up to be accessable from Etoys with
EtoysFriendly preference turned on.

We can include it now but it will not be of much use.

Karl

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 2:22 PM, Steve Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Subbu wrote a wonderful Art tool for Etoys which should have been on the
> list (didn't catch it was missing until now.  Below is a description of its
> use by a French Art teacher
> See http://community.ofset.org/index.php/Grab_area_button
>
> I also attached the changeset Subbu sent me.  I played with it a lot and
> have not yet run into any issues (but I didn't try real hard either)
>
> Stephen

Re: Item 17 for the list - Subbu's stencil/silhoueete tool

K K Subbu
On Thursday 16 Feb 2012 6:52:25 PM Steve Thomas wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Subbu wrote a wonderful Art tool for Etoys which should have been on the
> list (didn't catch it was missing until now.  Below is a description of its
> use by a French Art teacher
> See http://community.ofset.org/index.php/Grab_area_button
>
> I also attached the changeset Subbu sent me.  I played with it a lot and
> have not yet run into any issues (but I didn't try real hard either)
Steve,

Thanks for your effort and support. The stencil was a rough cut. As Karl
pointed out, I need to flesh out the details (add buttons to Supplies, Objects
Tool, ...) to complete the patch. I have some spare time now to complete and
resubmit the code.

Regards .. Subbu

Re: Item 17 for the list - Subbu's stencil/silhoueete tool

Steve Thomas
Folks,

Thanks for your efforts, just a friendly reminder about dates.

As per Sugar Roadmap 0.96  Code freeze is Mar 19,

I know a lot of great work is being done, and I'm not sure what the process is for Etoys, but I would like to see 2 weeks for Testing before that date, sooner would be even better ;)

Thanks, for all your efforts.

Stephen

FreezeStatusFull Freeze Starting on...
API/ABIOpenJan 30 2012
Feature OpenJan 30 2012
UIOpenFeb 27 2012
StringOpenFeb 27 2012
CodeOpen Mar 19 2012

Stephen

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 1:27 PM, K. K. Subramaniam <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thursday 16 Feb 2012 6:52:25 PM Steve Thomas wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Subbu wrote a wonderful Art tool for Etoys which should have been on the
> list (didn't catch it was missing until now.  Below is a description of its
> use by a French Art teacher
> See http://community.ofset.org/index.php/Grab_area_button
>
> I also attached the changeset Subbu sent me.  I played with it a lot and
> have not yet run into any issues (but I didn't try real hard either)
Steve,

Thanks for your effort and support. The stencil was a rough cut. As Karl
pointed out, I need to flesh out the details (add buttons to Supplies, Objects
Tool, ...) to complete the patch. I have some spare time now to complete and
resubmit the code.

Regards .. Subbu

Re: Item 17 for the list - Subbu's stencil/silhoueete tool

Rita Freudenberg
Hi Steve,

thank you for sending the reminder! That means, we need to stop adding features to Etoys, someone has to build a beta version of the new Etoys release and we need to start testing.

Greetings,
Rita

--
Unless this email contains personal or other matters that need to be kept confidential, a
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/etoys-education-team?hl=en

Rita Freudenberg