Item for Squeaklamd 2013 - Event Theatre ==> YouTube video

Item for Squeaklamd 2013 - Event Theatre ==> YouTube video

Steve Thomas
So I had the good fortune of having lunch with Ricardo today.   And one of the things that I brought up in our discussions was Adreés Monroy-Hernández's comment in Supporting an Online Community for Kids (talking about the Scratch website, my emphasis added):
"If I were to do this again in 2011, I would strongly suggest to be able to post to YouTube very easily."

So while Ricardo made the excellent point that we tend to oversimplify things when we first learn programming only to find out about all the really hard details.  I will ignore his comments and in the spirit of oversimplification ask:
Is it possible to turn an Event Theatre "playback" into a YouTube video?

I know Bert did something cool for the squeakland website where he created an animated gif, from within Etoys, perhaps something similar but publishable to YouTube (et al) to help with that whole Social Networking trend, that seems so popular with the kids. ;)

Yours in not so humble service,
Stephen

Re: Item for Squeaklamd 2013 - Event Theatre ==> YouTube video

Karl Ramberg
On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 7:45 PM, Steve Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> So I had the good fortune of having lunch with Ricardo today.   And one of
> the things that I brought up in our discussions was Adreés
> Monroy-Hernández's comment in Supporting an Online Community for
> Kids (talking about the Scratch website, my emphasis added):
>
> "If I were to do this again in 2011, I would strongly suggest to be able to
> post to YouTube very easily."
>
> So while Ricardo made the excellent point that we tend to oversimplify
> things when we first learn programming only to find out about all the really
> hard details.  I will ignore his comments and in the spirit of
> oversimplification ask:
>
> Is it possible to turn an Event Theatre "playback" into a YouTube video?
>
> I know Bert did something cool for the squeakland website where he created
> an animated gif, from within Etoys, perhaps something similar but
> publishable to YouTube (et al) to help with that whole Social Networking
> trend, that seems so popular with the kids. ;)
>
> Yours in not so humble service,
> Stephen

OpenQwaq supports several video formats for playback.
I'm not sure of the recording abilities for though.

Karl