classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

JNIPort - Primitive failed on JNI_CreateJavaVM

bonndias-3
Hi All,
played around with JNIPort, which I downloaded from VAStGoodies and imported into my VASt 8.6.2. Unfortunately the provided sample code fails with a "Primitive failed" in JNIPortJNIInterface>>#JNI_CreateJavaVM:with:with:

'Primitive failed calling ''c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_202\bin\client\jvm.dll'':JNI_CreateJavaVM from PlatformFunction>>#callWith:with:with: due to Floating point underflow'

Sample Code taken from VAStGoodies too:
JVMSettings default usesGhosts: true. "optional" 
JVMSettings default ghostClassSettings retainMethodSource: true. "optional"
"JVMSettings default runtimeSettings classpath: 'c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_202\lib\rt.jar;'. ""optional: classpath will be read from environment"
JNIPortJNIInterface libraryFile: 'c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_202\bin\client\jvm.dll'. "probably optional too"
JVM newWithDefaultSettings

Who can help?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VA Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/280a4be7-f4e6-4d43-99a3-bbee12d412d8n%40googlegroups.com.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: JNIPort - Primitive failed on JNI_CreateJavaVM

Ben van Dijk
Hi,
We used JNIPort a while ago succesfully with a java 1.7 jre.  You might give that a try

Op dinsdag 10 november 2020 om 16:28:57 UTC+1 schreef bonndias:
Hi All,
played around with JNIPort, which I downloaded from VAStGoodies and imported into my VASt 8.6.2. Unfortunately the provided sample code fails with a "Primitive failed" in JNIPortJNIInterface>>#JNI_CreateJavaVM:with:with:

'Primitive failed calling ''c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_202\bin\client\jvm.dll'':JNI_CreateJavaVM from PlatformFunction>>#callWith:with:with: due to Floating point underflow'

"JVMSettings default runtimeSettings classpath: 'c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_202\lib\rt.jar;'. ""optional: classpath will be read from environment"
JNIPortJNIInterface libraryFile: 'c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_202\bin\client\jvm.dll'. "probably optional too"

Who can help?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VA Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/e6ff84a5-417d-4b95-82a9-281113302fdbn%40googlegroups.com.
Reply | Threaded
|

bonndias-3
Hi,
thanks for your input and I can confirm it works with a 1.7 jre. But unfortunately this is no option. You wrote you used it a while ago, did you change to an alternative or is JNI no longer used by you? 

[hidden email] schrieb am Freitag, 13. November 2020 um 21:13:33 UTC+1:
Hi,
We used JNIPort a while ago succesfully with a java 1.7 jre.  You might give that a try

Hi All,

Who can help?

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/096ade49-4235-44f2-9324-7cca1143b968n%40googlegroups.com.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ben van Dijk
Hi, 
we no longer use JNI. The java stuff we used before was no longer needed

Op dinsdag 17 november 2020 om 14:48:02 UTC+1 schreef bonndias:
Hi,
thanks for your input and I can confirm it works with a 1.7 jre. But unfortunately this is no option. You wrote you used it a while ago, did you change to an alternative or is JNI no longer used by you? 

[hidden email] schrieb am Freitag, 13. November 2020 um 21:13:33 UTC+1:
Hi,

Hi All,

Who can help?

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/17a40691-dfbb-4587-b965-cbf20533bd2bn%40googlegroups.com.