JQAnimate #wait:?

Robert Sirois
Is there a wait function for the animate class? I played around with it this morning, and didn't really come up with anything.

RS

Windows LiveT Hotmail is faster and more secure than ever. Learn more.

Re: JQAnimate #wait:?

Johan Brichau
Hi Robert,

What wait function are you referring to?
Can you give an example of what you want to get in javascript?

On 04 Dec 2009, at 09:45, Robert Sirois wrote:

> Is there a wait function for the animate class? I played around with
> it this morning, and didn't really come up with anything.
>
> RS
>
> Windows LiveT Hotmail is faster and more secure than ever. Learn
> more. _______________________________________________
> seaside mailing list

Re: JQAnimate #wait:?

Lukas Renggli
You can use #timeout: to evaluate some code with a delay:

   (html jQuery animation ...) timeout: 2 seconds

Lukas

2009/12/4 Robert Sirois <[hidden email]>:

> Is there a wait function for the animate class? I played around with it this
> morning, and didn't really come up with anything.
>
> RS

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

RE: JQAnimate #wait:?

Robert Sirois
Thanks Lukas, that works great :)

The function I was looking to use I found here:

http://docs.jquery.com/Cookbook/wait

Does JQAnimate only work with style properties? I am using a move type function (#appendTo:), and was hoping to animate that process, although that doesn't appear to be possible. I think I would have to first get the offset of where the element is headed and then use animate to send it there, which also requires relative/absolute positioning :(

RS