JQuery Dialog -Extensions with GMDraggableMarkers problem

JQuery Dialog -Extensions with GMDraggableMarkers problem

dtrussardi@tiscali.it
Ciao,

i'm interested to work with JQuery Dialog widget  to replicate the Scriptaculous  lightbox.

For now i load the   JQuery-Extensions-NickAger.2.mcz .

It work fine and replicate well the lightbox.

But i have problem when i open jqDialog on component with GoogleMaps instance.

For example component  with GMDraggableMarkers.

html anchor callback:[ rsl:= self jqDialog: GMDraggableMarkers new ]; with: 'GoogleTest'

When open it with jqDialog:   the Goggle Maps is right render but  the relative event is not manage.

I think that the GMDraggableMarkers loadScript   ^' var map = new GMap2(document.getElementById(" .....................

is not loaded properly when the dialog is open.

Does anyone have idea on how resolve the issue?

Thank,

Dario

Re: JQuery Dialog -Extensions with GMDraggableMarkers problem

dtrussardi@tiscali.it
Ciao,

excuse me for replication but i don't solve the question.
Can anyone give me some ideas on how to solve the problem ?

Or i have not sufficiently described the issue ?

Thanks in advance for any considerations.

Best regards,

 Dario

[...]

Paul DeBruicker
Does #jqDialog: use ajax to load the dialog?  If so the onLoad event
won't be fired.  I've not used google maps with the jQuery dialog but if
there is a place where it uses #addLoadScript: you should try to change
that to just #script: and see if that helps.

On 05/30/2012 02:23 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Ciao,
>
> excuse me for replication but i don't solve the question.
> Can anyone give me some ideas on how to solve the problem ?
>
> Or i have not sufficiently described the issue ?
>
> Thanks in advance for any considerations.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Dario
>
>> Ciao,
>>
>> i'm interested to work with JQuery Dialog widget to replicate the
>> Scriptaculous lightbox.
>>
>> For now i load the JQuery-Extensions-NickAger.2.mcz .
>>
>> It work fine and replicate well the lightbox.
>>
>> But i have problem when i open jqDialog on component with GoogleMaps
>> instance.
>>
>> For example component with GMDraggableMarkers.
>>
>> html anchor callback:[ rsl:= self jqDialog: GMDraggableMarkers new ];
>> with: 'GoogleTest'
>>
>> When open it with jqDialog: the Goggle Maps is right render but the
>> relative event is not manage.
>>
>> I think that the GMDraggableMarkers loadScript ^' var map = new
>> GMap2(document.getElementById(" .....................
>>
>> is not loaded properly when the dialog is open.
>>

>> Does anyone have idea on how resolve the issue?
>>
>> Thank,
>>
>> Dario

Re: JQuery Dialog -Extensions with GMDraggableMarkers problem

dtrussardi@tiscali.it
Thank Paul,

i do some test to understand what generating the problem.

I work with GMDraggavleMarkers   with this rendering method set to:

renderContentOn: aCanvas
aCanvas div
id: mapID;
style: self mapStyle;
with: [].

aCanvas document addLoadScript: 'if (GBrowserIsCompatible()) { ' , self loadScript , '}'.

Where  loadScript method   is:

^'
var map = new GMap2(document.getElementById("' , self mapID , '"));
var center = new GLatLng' , self gemstoneLatLong , ';
map.setCenter(center, 13);
var marker = new GMarker(center, {draggable: true});
GEvent.addListener(marker, "dragstart", function() { map.closeInfoWindow(); });
GEvent.addListener(marker, "dragend", function() { marker.openInfoWindowHtml("Just bouncing along..."); });
map.addOverlay(marker);
'.

When i rendering it with self call:  GMDraggavleMarkers new all work fine

a) the map is rendering ok

b) the move   of the marker inside the canvas open and close the infoWindow.

c) when  i move the marker, but the mouse out the map canvas, the moving of the background map in the map canvas  ending

When i rendering it with self jqDialog:  GMDraggavleMarkers new i found this :

a) the map is rendering ok

b) the marker is rendering but the move of it  inside the map canvas  don't  generating  the open- close of infoWindow

c) when i move the marker and the mouse go  outside the map canvas, the movement of the background map in the map canvas goes on

d) when i move the marker outside the map canvas ( at top and right side ) and release the mouse immediately   the infoWindow is open

e) after some situation when i move  the background  map directly ( not move  the marker  but the background map  )  the infoWindow  is open after any movement

Does #jqDialog: use ajax to load the dialog?  If so the onLoad event won't be fired.  I've not used google maps with the jQuery dialog but if there is a place where it uses #addLoadScript: you should try to change that to just #script: and see if that helps.

I do some test with your indication but

 change the:

 aCanvas document addLoadScript: 'if (GBrowserIsCompatible()) { ' , self loadScript , '}'.
with:

 aCanvas script:  self loadScript

generating some background  map misalignment .

My idea of the problem is relative to the

map.addOverlay(marker);

i think it go in 'confusion' when rendering on other level.

Thanks for any idea on how to solve the problem.

Dario

[...]

Ahh. With that information I might try this:
https://forum.jquery.com/topic/modal-dialog-and-google-maps

My prior suggestion should be reverted.

On 05/31/2012 07:03 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> [...]
>
> generating some background map misalignment .
>

> My idea of the problem is relative to the
>
> map.addOverlay(marker);
>
> i think it go in 'confusion' when rendering on other level.
>

> Thanks for any idea on how to solve the problem.
>
> Dario
>

>> On 05/30/2012 02:23 AM, [hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Ciao,
>>>
>>> excuse me for replication but i don't solve the question.
>>> Can anyone give me some ideas on how to solve the problem ?
>>>
>>> Or i have not sufficiently described the issue ?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance for any considerations.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Dario

Re: JQuery Dialog -Extensions with GMDraggableMarkers problem

dtrussardi@tiscali.it
Ciao,

Ahh. With that information I might try this:

I found this:

" i solved this by setting a high zIndex on the google maps div.. works perfectly now "

I setup the rendering of the map with:

 renderContentOn: aCanvas

aCanvas div id: mapID; style: 'z-index: 2000'; with: []. aCanvas document addLoadScript: 'if (GBrowserIsCompatible()) { ' , self loadScript , '}'.

but i don't solve the problem.

The   loadScript  method   is:

^'
var map = new GMap2(document.getElementById("' , self mapID , '"));
var center = new GLatLng' , self gemstoneLatLong , ';
map.setCenter(center, 13);
var marker = new GMarker(center, {draggable: true});
GEvent.addListener(marker, "dragstart", function() { map.closeInfoWindow(); });
GEvent.addListener(marker, "dragend", function() { marker.openInfoWindowHtml("Just bouncing along..."); });
map.addOverlay(marker);
'.

A) Now the anomalous behavior is relative to the GEvent  dragend   when i move the marker into the map div.
*** GEvent.addListener(marker, "dragend", function() { marker.openInfoWindowHtml("Just bouncing along..."); }); ***

In this case the event is not  "manage" and the marker.openInfoWindowHtml("Just bouncing along..."); is not open

A1)  On contrary  when i move the marker outside the map canvas and release the mouse   the infoWindow is open.

B) The strange is that the GEvent  dragstart is always right manage

*** GEvent.addListener(marker, "dragstart", function() { map.closeInfoWindow(); }); ***

When begin the drag of the marker if InfoWindow is open it is close.

I don't understand because some GEvent  is right manage and other not when open maps in modals dialog with JQDialog.

Thanks for any considerations,

Dario

Re: JQuery Dialog -Extensions with GMDraggableMarkers problem

dtrussardi@tiscali.it
Ciao,

after one day of frustration for understand what generate the issue i test the web page with Firefox browser.

And as magic all work fine.

My test did with Safari 5.1.3 and i don't  know because some GEvent aren't are not right  managed.

The dragend event aren't manage when move the marker into the maps canvas.
After doble click on the marker the map canvas lose the control on the marker itself.

If anyone have idea about the Safari ... ?

Some consideration about the browser to test the code ????   Safari - Firefox or  .......

Now the ajax request relative to the marker moving are right generating.

Sometime i close the Dialog relative to the google maps  before al the ajax request are managed.

In this case the browser open a dialog with the error: readyState == 4 but xhr.status == 0

How i can manage this error?

1) lose all the ajax request because i click the cancel button.

2) attend the the ajax request termination before close the dialog when click the save button.

Thank Paul for your  indication.

Thank for any new consideration,

Dario

Ciao,

[...]

Ciao Folks,

i'm interested to understanding  how to set some things relative to the questions in my last mail.

Maybe my questions out of context of this list ( i apologize for this ) but i wonder if others have encountered and solved- set these problems.

Ciao,

after one day of frustration for understand what generate the issue i test the web page with Firefox browser.

And as magic all work fine.

My test did with Safari 5.1.3 and i don't  know because some GEvent aren't are not right  managed.

Today i test with last Safari Versione 5.1.7 (7534.57.2) .

The problem remains.

What can I do at this point to solve the problem with Safari?

The dragend event aren't manage when move the marker into the maps canvas.
After doble click on the marker the map canvas lose the control on the marker itself.

If anyone have idea about the Safari ... ?

Some consideration about the browser to test the code ????   Safari - Firefox or  .......

Can anyone advise me on how to set the test for functional testing on different browsers ?

A few thoughts about it?

Now  with  Firefox the ajax request relative to the marker moving are right generating.

Sometime i close the Dialog relative to the google maps  before al the ajax request are managed.

In this case the browser open a dialog with the error: readyState == 4 but xhr.status == 0

How i can manage this error?

1) lose all the ajax request because i click the cancel button.

2) attend the the ajax request termination before close the dialog when click the save button.

Any idea about how manage it is welcome.

[...]

Hi Dario,

  It sounds like a CSS and JS issue and not a Seaside issue.

Provide the list with code that reproduces your issue so someone in
their free time can look and see whats wrong.  Try creating an example
that someone can easily load into an image and try things.  I won't be
any help because I don't have Safari.

It looks like you have a CSS issue that comes up in Safari (did you try
Chrome? may happen there too) but not Firefox.  That isn't really
Seaside specific.  You can probably play with your CSS settings to make
it go away or search on google for others who've had the same issue.

You can google for "cross browser functional testing" and get lots of
results.  There is also the search capability on the
http://forum.world.st site that may point you to ideas of what people do
when using Seaside.

As for the "readyState == 4  but xhr.status == 0" error that is
definitely a javascript error and googleable. see:
https://encrypted.google.com/search?hl=en&q=readyState%20%3D%3D%204%20%3E%3E%20but%20xhr.status%20%3D%3D%200

Good luck

Paul

On 06/06/2012 01:31 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> [...]
>>> i move the marker into the map div.*
>>> *** GEvent.addListener(marker, "dragend", function() {
>>> marker.openInfoWindowHtml("Just bouncing along..."); }); ***
>>>
>>> In this case the event is not "manage" and the
>>> marker.openInfoWindowHtml("Just bouncing along..."); is not open
>>>
>>> A1) On contrary when i move the marker outside the map canvas and
>>> release the mouse the infoWindow is open.
>>>

>>> B) The strange is that the GEvent dragstart is always right manage
>>>
>>> *** GEvent.addListener(marker, "dragstart", function() {
>>> map.closeInfoWindow(); }); ***
>>>
>>> When begin the drag of the marker if InfoWindow is open it is close.
>>>

>>> I don't understand because some GEvent is right manage and other not
>>> when open maps in modals dialog with JQDialog.
>>>
>>> Thanks for any considerations,
>>>
>>> Dario

Re: JQuery Dialog -Extensions with GMDraggableMarkers problem

Hi,

Hi Dario,

It sounds like a CSS and JS issue and not a Seaside issue.

Provide the list with code that reproduces your issue so someone in their free time can look and see whats wrong.  Try creating an example that someone can easily load into an image and try things.  I won't be any help because I don't have Safari.

OK,  I attached two Monticello Package.

The first is a  JQuery-Extensions-NickAger.2.mcz    with code for manage JQDialog  call.

The last JQGoogleMapTest-DTR.1.mcz  is  my code to test  the standard call and the JQDialog call of a GMDraggableMarkers.

Prerequisites are:  JQ  support   and  GoogleMaps support from:    'http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/GoogleMaps'

In summary the problem is related to the management of the example  GMDraggableMarkers.

When i call it with traditional call:  aGMDraggableMarkers  it works fine with  all browsers.

When i call it with  jqDialog:   aGMDraggableMarkers it works fine  only with the Firefox browser.

with Safari and Chrome :

When you move the marker you lose the control of the marker .
 No infoWindow is open at the end of marker moving.

I don't test Windows browser.

It looks like you have a CSS issue that comes up in Safari (did you try Chrome? may happen there too) but not Firefox.

I test with Chrome 19.0.1084.56.

It don't work fine and reports the same errors of Safari ( View ******** at the end of this e-mail ).

That isn't really Seaside specific.  You can probably play with your CSS settings to make it go away or search on google for others who've had the same issue.

You can google for "cross browser functional testing" and get lots of results.  There is also the search capability on the http://forum.world.st site that may point you to ideas of what people do when using Seaside.

As for the "readyState == 4  but xhr.status == 0" error that is definitely a javascript error and googleable. see:
https://encrypted.google.com/search?hl=en&q=readyState%20%3D%3D%204%20%3E%3E%20but%20xhr.status%20%3D%3D%200

Good luck

Paul

Thanks for any idea and consideration about this

 and how manage google map with seaside.

Dario

************************ This consideration, i think,  are important ************************************

A) Now the anomalous behavior is relative to the GEvent dragend *when
i move the marker into the map div.*
*** GEvent.addListener(marker, "dragend", function() {
marker.openInfoWindowHtml("Just bouncing along..."); }); ***

In this case the event is not "manage" and the
marker.openInfoWindowHtml("Just bouncing along..."); is not open

A1) On contrary when i move the marker outside the map canvas and
release the mouse the infoWindow is open.

B) The strange is that the GEvent dragstart is always right manage

*** GEvent.addListener(marker, "dragstart", function() {
map.closeInfoWindow(); }); ***

When begin the drag of the marker if InfoWindow is open it is close.

I don't understand because some GEvent is right manage and other not
when open maps in modals dialog with JQDialog.

Thanks for any considerations,

Dario

JQuery-Extensions-NickAger.2.mcz (2K) Download Attachment
JQGoogleMapTest-DTR.1.mcz (3K) Download Attachment