JQuery / GLASS(Seaside 2.8)

Sebastia Van Lacke
Hi, I need to know if It is possible to use JQuery within a Glass 1.0-beta.8.5 version (Seaside 2.8 ). Or, is it only available for Seaside 3.0?
I want to use the JQuery lightbox widget in particular, I understand it's on JQuery-UI library.
If it is possible, how should I proceed to use it?

Thanks

Sebastian

--

sebastian van lacke | web developer caesar systems | see clearly. decide smarter.

[hidden email] | t: +1.281.598.8790 | t: +54.11.4389.0126 | petrovr.blogspot.com | www.caesarsystems.com

This message and any attached documents contain information from Caesar Systems LLC that may be confidential/trade secret and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not read, copy, distribute or use this information. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or by reply e-mail and then delete this message.

Re: [Seaside] JQuery / GLASS(Seaside 2.8)

Nick
Hi Sebastian,

Hi, I need to know if It is possible to use JQuery within a Glass 1.0-beta.8.5 version (Seaside 2.8 ). Or, is it only available for Seaside 3.0?
I want to use the JQuery lightbox widget in particular, I understand it's on JQuery-UI library.
If it is possible, how should I proceed to use it?

You won't have any of the neat JQuery-Seaside integration with Seaside 2.8, that Seaside 3.0 brought. So you'll be writing more Javascript and rolling your own integration. Having said that IIRC someone might have created a Seaside 2.8 JQuery package on SqueakSource - though the integration would be very different from Seaside 3.0 JQuery integration

Nick

Re: JQuery / GLASS(Seaside 2.8)

Paul DeBruicker
On 05/10/2011 03:06 PM, Sebastian Van Lacke wrote:

> Hi, I need to know if It is possible to use JQuery within a Glass
> 1.0-beta.8.5 version (Seaside 2.8 ). Or, is it only available for
> Seaside 3.0?
> I want to use the JQuery lightbox widget in particular, I understand
> it's on JQuery-UI library.
> If it is possible, how should/I /proceed to use it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Sebastian

If you just need a lightbox in Seaside 2.8 you can use the Scriptaculous
lightbox.  See the SULightbox class.