JQuery UI support

tfleig
Is it possible to use JQuery UI widgets and effects with Iliad? For example, the blind effect demo here: http://jqueryui.com/demos/toggle/.

Re: JQuery UI support

Steven Costiou
Hi Tony,

yes it is possible.

For the little i know, it is easy to use every graphical effect of the JQueryUI library with Iliad.

I did develop some widgets that use JQuery, i guess around 10 graphical effects were implemented as examples and worked well.

That was with Iliad 0.7, i could give the source code if anyone wants it, but its very simple - even if a port to Iliad 0.9 might be necessary.

However, catching results of JQuery effects back into Iliad (like moving a widget in your browser and getting its new position) is an other story, i guess it is needed to play a little javascript with it - but i know nothing about javascript.

-Steven Costiou-

2010/12/2 tfleig <[hidden email]>

Is it possible to use JQuery UI widgets and effects with Iliad? For example,
the blind effect demo here: http://jqueryui.com/demos/toggle/.

Re: JQuery UI support

tfleig
I am very interested in the Iliad 0.7 source code. I will attempt the
port to 0.9.

Thanks,
TF

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 3:16 PM, Steven Costiou <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Tony,
>
> yes it is possible.
>
> For the little i know, it is easy to use every graphical effect of the
> JQueryUI library with Iliad.
>
> I did develop some widgets that use JQuery, i guess around 10 graphical
> effects were implemented as examples and worked well.
>
> That was with Iliad 0.7, i could give the source code if anyone wants it,
> but its very simple - even if a port to Iliad 0.9 might be necessary.
>
> However, catching results of JQuery effects back into Iliad (like moving a
> widget in your browser and getting its new position) is an other story, i
> guess it is needed to play a little javascript with it - but i know nothing
> about javascript.
>

> -Steven Costiou-
>

> 2010/12/2 tfleig <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Is it possible to use JQuery UI widgets and effects with Iliad? For
>> example,
>> the blind effect demo here: http://jqueryui.com/demos/toggle/.

Re: JQuery UI support

Nicolas Petton
What would be cool is to adapt the Seaside jQuery package. It shouldn't
be that complicated, since Iliad's actions are very close to Seaside's
callbacks.

Cheers,
Nico

Re: JQuery UI support

Nicolas Petton
Le jeudi 02 décembre 2010 à 12:45 -0800, tfleig a écrit :
> Is it possible to use JQuery UI widgets and effects with Iliad? For example,
> the blind effect demo here: http://jqueryui.com/demos/toggle/.

For now we use jQuery directly:

e div id: 'foo'.
e script: 'jQuery("#foo").toggle(....);'

Nico