JQueryMobile initial release

Nick
Hi,

I've just published an initial integration of JQuery Mobile [1] with Seaside. You can try it out at: http://jquerymobile.seasidehosting.st

It's nearly complete - the outstanding work is to integrate JQuery scripting support - though it's certainly usable in it's current form. Feedback is welcome.

This work has been sponsored by Louis Andriese at "Delta Lloyd Online Innovations" [2] and made available under the MIT licence. It wouldn't have been possible without their support.

The code is available for Pharo and VASt (see http://vastgoodies.com/)

To load the code into Pharo you'll need a recent release of Seaside (I used the version available on Lukas's Jenkins build server [3]):

Gofer it
  package: 'ConfigurationOfJQueryMobile';
  load.
(ConfigurationOfJQueryMobile project version: '1.0-baseline') load.

The code registers a functional test suite at /javascript/jquery-mobile

Cheers,

Nick

Re: [Seaside] JQueryMobile initial release

Nick
I guess you are referring to the "loading..." popup. It is possible to prefetch pages: http://jquerymobile.com/test/docs/pages/page-cache.html

but I guess you need to be judicious in how many pages you prefetch

On 14 October 2011 18:08, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
Wonderful Nick!

One question. There is a lot of mentioning single page apps. On my desktop it feals like one but on the iphone I can see it is loading every single page. Is this intended?

Norbert

Am 14.10.2011 um 16:54 schrieb Nick Ager:

[...]

Re: JQueryMobile initial release

Marten Feldtmann-2
Very, very well done. I've changed my demo app to use it under jMobile and I was surprised to see, that it works pretty well.

Some thought:

* seems to be not that very fast
* lots of flickering when changing screens

Very impressive and its nice to be at the HTML front for a very long time (under VAST).

One question:

- is it possible to execute a script BEFORE via Ajax the page is updated. I have a sound object, speaking about 60 seconds and when I change the page - the speaking continues - and on the next page I have another voice. Now two voices re talking at the same time (etc)

Thanks again very much for this fine piece of software and I'm awaiting the 1.0 (without RC) of jQuerymobile.

Marten

Re: JQueryMobile initial release

Nick
Hi Marten,

>> * seems to be not that very fast
>> * lots of flickering when changing screens

Hopefully these will be improved in future releases of JQueryMobile javascript libraries.

>>is it possible to execute a script BEFORE via Ajax the page is updated. I have a sound object, speaking about 60 seconds and
>> when I change the page - the speaking continues - and on the next page I have another voice. Now two voices re talking at the same time (etc)

I'm about to release a new version of the integration which includes support for their javascript API, including events. There are various events you will be able to hook into such as pagebeforechange, page change, pagebeforeshow, pageshow etc.

I'll announce to the list when the javascript API integration is complete

Nick

Re: JQueryMobile initial release

Marten Feldtmann-2
Hello Nick,

while I was producing new ICs for headless systems I noticed, that there are references to class "WAToolDecoration" (bringing in the development stuff of Seaside), which is not available during runtime. This makes packaging more complicate ...

Re: JQueryMobile initial release

Nick
Hi Marten,

while I was producing new ICs for headless systems I noticed, that there are references to class "WAToolDecoration" (bringing in the development stuff of Seaside), which is not available during runtime. This makes packaging more complicate ...

Good catch - reviewing the code the reference to WAToolDecoration isn't really necessary. You can change JQMAdmin>>register:asApplicationAt: as follows:

JQMAdmin>>register: aComponentClass asApplicationAt: aString
| application decorations |
application := super register: aComponentClass asApplicationAt: aString.
application preferenceAt: #scriptGeneratorClass put: JQMScriptGenerator.
application preferenceAt: #rootDecorationClasses put: #().
^ application

I'll include the fix in a new version I'm about to release very soon...

Nick

Re: JQueryMobile initial release

Leo O.
Hi All,
I only write to say i was using Nick's JQueryMobile port, and i'm surprised, this is a wonderful plugin and a clean port.
Congratulations Nick and if you need help for next releases, i could be there.
Leo

Re: JQueryMobile initial release

Adriaan van Os-3
Hi Leo,

Nick concentrates on the Pharo version. It would be great if someone could keep the VA Smalltalk version up-to-date. If you need help with getting started let me know.

Cheers,
Adriaan.

Re: JQueryMobile initial release

Leo O.
Hi Adriaan,

I will look at Pharo version to start porting....I'll keep you
informed of progress.

Leo

On 30 mar, 08:51, Adriaan van Os <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Leo,
>
> Nick concentrates on the Pharo version. It would be great if someone could
> keep the VA Smalltalk version up-to-date. If you need help with getting
> started let me know.
>
> Cheers,
> Adriaan.

Re: JQueryMobile initial release

Marten Feldtmann-2
What about Instantiations supporting him for this ? It's a very good work !

If you register on  http://ss3.gemstone.com I can give you write access to the master repository

Cheers

Nick

Re: JQueryMobile initial release

Leo O.
Hi Nick,
I'm already registered. You are welcome to pass me any to-do list you have. Or if you prefer, i can port your lastest version to VA.

El lunes 2 de abril de 2012 17:01:12 UTC-3, Nick Ager escribió:
Hi Leo,

I only write to say i was using Nick's JQueryMobile port, and i'm surprised, this is a wonderful plugin and a clean port.
Congratulations Nick and if you need help for next releases, i could be there.

If you register on  http://ss3.gemstone.com I can give you write access to the master repository

Cheers

Nick

Re: JQueryMobile initial release

Nick
Hi Leo,

I've added you to:

I think the ss3 repository might have been updated since I last ported to VA - so I guess that would be a good place to start Adriaan provided me with the following porting guide when I started:

The dependency information in GRPackage should be up-to-date for jQueryMobile packages.

In terms of a todo list - jQueryMobile 1.1 has been released and I haven't had a chance to review what's new and hope that might effect the Seaside integration.

Thanks

Nick

On 3 April 2012 23:03, Leo O. <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Nick,
I'm already registered. You are welcome to pass me any to-do list you have. Or if you prefer, i can port your lastest version to VA.

El lunes 2 de abril de 2012 17:01:12 UTC-3, Nick Ager escribió:
Hi Leo,

I only write to say i was using Nick's JQueryMobile port, and i'm surprised, this is a wonderful plugin and a clean port.
Congratulations Nick and if you need help for next releases, i could be there.

If you register on  http://ss3.gemstone.com I can give you write access to the master repository

Cheers

Nick

Re: JQueryMobile initial release

Leo O.
Thanks Nick,
I'll start putting VA on synchro, and then will look whats news on jquery 1.1.

I'll keep you informed.
Leo

El martes 3 de abril de 2012 19:34:08 UTC-3, Nick Ager escribió:
[...]

Leo,

As you probably noticed, most of my guidance to Nick has been obsoleted by the new Monticello Importer John revealed this week:
The new importer is really great for updating. You can load the the current VA Smalltalk versions first and then import the new package versions. It will create new versions of the applications leaving everything that hasn't changed untouched.

Cheers,
Adriaan.

On Wednesday, April 4, 2012 12:34:08 AM UTC+2, Nick Ager wrote:

[..] Adriaan provided me with the following porting guide when I started:
[..]

Re: JQueryMobile initial release

Leo O.
Thanks Adriaan,

I have just downloaded Monticello Importer, at my first look it works perfect.

Leo