JQueryWidgetBox's FullCalendar not working

JQueryWidgetBox's FullCalendar not working

Esteban A. Maringolo
I'm trying to use JQueryWidgetBox's FullCalendar plugin wrapper.

But it is incompatible with the current version of Seaside (3.1),
particularly with the JQuery wrapper.

It expects a #callback:json: in JQAjax that doesn't exist any longer.

What was the intention of such selector? How this can be rewritten to
work with the current implementation?

Old code e.g.:

... onEventDrop:
   (html jQuery ajax
      callback: [ :eventData | self updateEventStart: eventData ]
       json: (JSStream on: 'new Array(event.id,dayDelta,minuteDelta,allDay)'));

How the new code should be written?

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: JQueryWidgetBox's FullCalendar not working

Paul DeBruicker
The old method is:

JQAjax>>callback: aBlock json: anObject
        "Register aBlock as a secondary callback. anObject is a reference to a Javascript object on the client-side. anObject will be serialized to a JSON string, sent back to the server, deserialized from JSON to nested Smalltalk objects, and result passed into aBlock.

        Note: The serialization of Javascript objects to JSON requires a modern web browser with native JSON support or the JSJsonDeploymentLibrary to be loaded. Objects that recursively refer to themselves and objects that contain or objects that contain methods might not be serializable and cause the web browser to loop inifinitely or throw an exception."

        self callback: [ :value | aBlock value: (WAJsonParser parse: value) ] value: (JSJson new stringify: anObject)

I haven't used FullCalendar in a couple years.

Hth,

Paul

Re: JQueryWidgetBox's FullCalendar not working

Johan Brichau-2
Esteban,

#callback:json: is part of the JQuery-Json package.

So you probably did not load this package because it still exists in Seaside 3.1
I even think the method was already in the same package in Seaside 3.0

best regards
Johan

On 20 Mar 2014, at 16:09, Esteban A. Maringolo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm trying to use JQueryWidgetBox's FullCalendar plugin wrapper.
>
> But it is incompatible with the current version of Seaside (3.1),
> particularly with the JQuery wrapper.
>
> It expects a #callback:json: in JQAjax that doesn't exist any longer.
>
> What was the intention of such selector? How this can be rewritten to
> work with the current implementation?
>
> Old code e.g.:
>
> ... onEventDrop:
>   (html jQuery ajax
>      callback: [ :eventData | self updateEventStart: eventData ]
>       json: (JSStream on: 'new Array(event.id,dayDelta,minuteDelta,allDay)'));
>
> How the new code should be written?
>
> Regards!
>
> Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: JQueryWidgetBox's FullCalendar not working

Johan Brichau-2
Esteban,

#callback:json: is part of the JQuery-Json package.

So you probably did not load this package because it still exists in Seaside 3.1
I even think the method was already in the same package in Seaside 3.0

best regards
Johan

On 20 Mar 2014, at 16:09, Esteban A. Maringolo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm trying to use JQueryWidgetBox's FullCalendar plugin wrapper.
>
> But it is incompatible with the current version of Seaside (3.1),
> particularly with the JQuery wrapper.
>
> It expects a #callback:json: in JQAjax that doesn't exist any longer.
>
> What was the intention of such selector? How this can be rewritten to
> work with the current implementation?
>
> Old code e.g.:
>
> ... onEventDrop:
>  (html jQuery ajax
>     callback: [ :eventData | self updateEventStart: eventData ]
>      json: (JSStream on: 'new Array(event.id,dayDelta,minuteDelta,allDay)'));
>
> How the new code should be written?
>
> Regards!
>
> Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: JQueryWidgetBox's FullCalendar not working

Johan Brichau-2
Minor correction: JQuery-Json is not a package. It is simply in jQuery-Core.

Johan

On 21 Mar 2014, at 08:57, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Esteban,
>
> #callback:json: is part of the JQuery-Json package.
>
> So you probably did not load this package because it still exists in Seaside 3.1
> I even think the method was already in the same package in Seaside 3.0
>
> best regards
> Johan
>
> On 20 Mar 2014, at 16:09, Esteban A. Maringolo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to use JQueryWidgetBox's FullCalendar plugin wrapper.
>>
>> But it is incompatible with the current version of Seaside (3.1),
>> particularly with the JQuery wrapper.
>>
>> It expects a #callback:json: in JQAjax that doesn't exist any longer.
>>
>> What was the intention of such selector? How this can be rewritten to
>> work with the current implementation?
>>
>> Old code e.g.:
>>
>> ... onEventDrop:
>> (html jQuery ajax
>>    callback: [ :eventData | self updateEventStart: eventData ]
>>     json: (JSStream on: 'new Array(event.id,dayDelta,minuteDelta,allDay)'));
>>
>> How the new code should be written?
>>
>> Regards!
>>
>> Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: JQueryWidgetBox's FullCalendar not working

Esteban A. Maringolo

> The old method is:
>
> JQAjax>>callback: aBlock json: anObject
>         "Register aBlock as a secondary callback. anObject is a reference to a
> Javascript object on the client-side. anObject will be serialized to a JSON
> string, sent back to the server, deserialized from JSON to nested Smalltalk
> objects, and result passed into aBlock."
>
>         self callback: [ :value | aBlock value: (WAJsonParser parse: value) ]
> value: (JSJson new stringify: anObject)

Thanks Paul

> I haven't used FullCalendar in a couple years.

Do you know of a more recent alternative for it? I simply need to show
scheduled items on a grid :)

Regards!

Re: JQueryWidgetBox's FullCalendar not working

Esteban A. Maringolo
Johan,

> Minor correction: JQuery-Json is not a package. It is simply in jQuery-Core.

It's not in my JQuery-Core, nor in my JQuery-Core-Objects packages.
I'm using the latest configuration of Seaside 3.1.1, which loads the
following versions:

package: 'JQuery-Core' with: 'JQuery-Core-pmm.128';
package: 'JQuery-Tests-Core' with: 'JQuery-Tests-Core-pmm.138';
package: 'JQuery-JSON' with: 'JQuery-JSON-pmm.1';
package: 'JQuery-Tests-JSON' with: 'JQuery-Tests-JSON-pmm.1';

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: JQueryWidgetBox's FullCalendar not working

Johan Brichau-2
Strange.

It is in JQuery-JSON-pmm.1 (forget about my incorrect minor correction ;-)

I double checked it here in Pharo3.0 (but should be identical on other Pharo versions).
It's a class extension on JQAjax.

Johan

On 21 Mar 2014, at 14:15, Esteban A. Maringolo <[hidden email]> wrote:

Johan,

Minor correction: JQuery-Json is not a package. It is simply in jQuery-Core.

It's not in my JQuery-Core, nor in my JQuery-Core-Objects packages.
I'm using the latest configuration of Seaside 3.1.1, which loads the
following versions:

package: 'JQuery-Core' with: 'JQuery-Core-pmm.128';
package: 'JQuery-Tests-Core' with: 'JQuery-Tests-Core-pmm.138';
package: 'JQuery-JSON' with: 'JQuery-JSON-pmm.1';
package: 'JQuery-Tests-JSON' with: 'JQuery-Tests-JSON-pmm.1';

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: JQueryWidgetBox's FullCalendar not working

Paul DeBruicker
Esteban A. Maringolo wrote

I think its fine and performant.  I just got to a point where I needed a timeline rather than a calendar view, so switched.

Re: JQueryWidgetBox's FullCalendar not working

Esteban A. Maringolo
> Esteban A. Maringolo wrote
>>> I haven't used FullCalendar in a couple years.
>>
>> Do you know of a more recent alternative for it? I simply need to show
>> scheduled items on a grid :)
>

> I think its fine and performant.  I just got to a point where I needed a
> timeline rather than a calendar view, so switched.

May I ask to what did you switch? :)

Thank you!

--
Esteban