JSON Parser

Andy Burnett
Is there a JSON parser available for Pharo?  I was slightly confused by the hits Google returned. It seems as though Stef is working on one, but that it relates to the file interchange format?

All I need to do is parse some - relatively simple - JSON. Is that possible yet?

Cheers
Andy

Re: JSON Parser

Sven Van Caekenberghe
Hi Andy,

On 03 May 2012, at 22:31, Andy Burnett wrote:

> Is there a JSON parser available for Pharo?  I was slightly confused by the hits Google returned. It seems as though Stef is working on one, but that it relates to the file interchange format?
>
> All I need to do is parse some - relatively simple - JSON. Is that possible yet?
>
> Cheers
> Andy

There are multiple ones, there is one in Seaside for example.

There is also STON, which should be backwards compatible with JSON

        https://github.com/svenvc/ston
        http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/STON.html

HTH,

Sven

Re: JSON Parser

Janko Mivšek
It would be really nice if we combine all those JSON parsers (Seaside,
Aida and Iliad ones, all coming from the same 'root' one from
SqueakSource) into one, which then become a part of Pharo and we all use
that one only.

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
Aida/Web
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: JSON Parser

Andy Burnett
<<<It would be really nice if we combine all those JSON parsers (Seaside,
Aida and Iliad ones, all coming from the same 'root' one from
SqueakSource) into one, which then become a part of Pharo and we all use
that one only.

Best regards
Janko >>>

Sven, thanks very much for the links. They are just what I am looking for.
Janko, I completely agree. My ideal situation would be for Pharo x.x to come with JSON, XML and CSV in the box. And, for the packages to be maintained with each release. If there is anything I can do to help, I would be delighted to chip in.

Cheers
Andy