JSON RPC

gcotelli
Hi!

Is anyone using https://github.com/juliendelplanque/JRPC/ or other JSON RPC implementation in Pharo?

Regards,
Gabriel

Re: JSON RPC

Julien Delplanque-2
Hello,

I know it used by JRPCDebugger [1].

I also used it to interact with numpy by exposing math functions via a python JRPC server but I have no public repository for it yet.

I did a comparison of this implementation with others available in Pharo world at the bottom of the README.

Tell me if you have specific questions.

Cheers,

Julien

Links:
[1]: https://github.com/aranega/JRPCDebugger

---
Julien Delplanque
Doctorant à l’Université de Lille
Bâtiment B 40, Avenue Halley 59650 Villeneuve d'Ascq
Numéro de téléphone: +333 59 35 86 40

Le 13 juin 2019 à 20:45, Gabriel Cotelli <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Hi!

Is anyone using https://github.com/juliendelplanque/JRPC/ or other JSON RPC implementation in Pharo?

Regards,
Gabriel

Re: JSON RPC

gcotelli
I will implement some basic RPC-like services so it looks like a good option.

I noticed the Server and Client are in the same package. May I propose a PR including some groups in the baseline to load only the server or client functionality?
Seems to be also some bugs fixed in the master branch but so fat not included in any release.

Anyhow, if you're happy receiving changes, I can propose some package splitting and changes to the travis configuration to also calculate the coverage of the code.

Cheers,
Gabriel

On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 4:32 PM Julien <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Gabriel

Re: JSON RPC

Pierce Ng-3
On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 03:45:41PM -0300, Gabriel Cotelli wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is anyone using https://github.com/juliendelplanque/JRPC/ or other JSON RPC
> implementation in Pharo?

Hi Gabriel,

I am using Julien's JRPC server-side in my blog. Client-side is written
in Go. My usage is simple one-way signalling for my blog: the client is
invoked by Fossil push hook, and on receiving the RPC Pharo reloads web
content from the Fossil repo.

Pierce

Re: JSON RPC

Julien Delplanque-2
Hello,

> Le 14 juin 2019 à 00:16, Gabriel Cotelli <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> I will implement some basic RPC-like services so it looks like a good option.
>
> I noticed the Server and Client are in the same package. May I propose a PR including some groups in the baseline to load only the server or client functionality?

Sure, propose a PR and I will create a new release with it.

> Seems to be also some bugs fixed in the master branch but so fat not included in any release.

I create a new release right now with the fix.

> Anyhow, if you're happy receiving changes, I can propose some package splitting and changes to the travis configuration to also calculate the coverage of the code.

Sure, please do! :-)

Cheers,

Julien